• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official Commission Collecting Thread
15 15

2,863 posts in this topic

Can anyone recommend an artist on the cheaper end who really nails doctor doom? I'd like to get something done that conveys his grandeur.

Please define "cheaper end"

I'm thinking of a $100-150 commission. Trust me when I say I'd love to get a Esad Ribic or Alex Maleev doom, but that's a pipe dream for me at this point.

Can anyone recommend an artist on the cheaper end who really nails doctor doom? I'd like to get something done that conveys his grandeur.

Please define "cheaper end"

I'm thinking of a $100-150 commission. Trust me when I say I'd love to get a Esad Ribic or Alex Maleev doom, but that's a pipe dream for me at this point.

Me! Me!

On last Saturdays visit to Orebro Comics Festival I got two great additions to my sketchbook:

killer_joelle.jpg Tjejerna_pa_hojden.jpg

Lady Killer by Joëlle Jones & The Girls on the Hill (swedish humor strip) by Frida Malmgren.

The 50-minute train journey (and modest admission fee) was certainly worth it!

Click on the pictures to see them enlarged (together with pix of the creators holding them) in my CAF gallery.

This post is in honor of Van Williams, The Green Hornet. In 2015/2016 I hired Marvel artist Arvell Jones to complete a full size full color commission of Van Williams as the Green Hornet. The piece was autographed on February 9th, 2016. His wife, Vicki, confirmed this was the last private signing he ever completed and this was the last autograph he ever signed! I am honored to add this to my collection. Thanks Arvell for a job well done. Mr. Williams, thank YOU for being so gracious to your fans.

Regards,

Troy R. Kinunen

troy@mearsonline.com

2znv2w1.jpg[/img]

I forgot to post my latest commission on this thread; it's not new, but it's great. The story that goes with it is funny, too.

Nick Pitarra vs. Supergirl

ohLhvrX2_2211160102091gpadd.jpg

Alex Johnson vs. Plus Ultra

Another arm wrestling themed commission. I look way better in it than in real life.

iMGnKdh7_2512161749111gpadd.jpg

Santa vs. Supergirl

What can I say?

3K2pixmH_2212162307291gpadd.jpg

On 2/15/2017 at 8:09 AM, Doc McCoy said:

Two new "Iron" Throne pieces.  Very different mediums, but the same outstanding result!

Scarlet Witch claims the "Iron" Throne by Lan Medina.  

IMG_4941.JPG

Medusa claims the "Iron" Throne by Thony Silas

SKMBT_C45417021312550_0001 copy 2.jpg

Love these - congrats Josh!