• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official Commission Collecting Thread
15 15

2,863 posts in this topic

Unfortunately I only was able to get 1 commission @ FanExpo as I was only there for 2 days and most artists couldn't commit to having them done by end of day Friday. That being said I'm more then happy with this one from Michael Walsh

Scan0016_zpswe6rk6ak.jpg

Two questions I'd like to put out there.

1. I know that Wilfredo Torres does commissions, do you think he would be offended if I asked for a pencils only commission (and if so would it be cheaper?). I ask only because I love his work and on his Instagram page he posts alot of pencils only work and it's gorgeous, I really think he loses something in his art when it's inked and colored.

For example:

Bv1M1jLIYAAnP14.jpg

vs.

Bv7Un60IIAA8ulV.jpg

2. Has anyone ever gotten a commission from John Broglia? If so, how was he to deal with? What was his turnaround time and cost?

Thanks!

Been a while since I got anything but picked these two recently.

Wonder Woman by Rich Buckler. Picked Rich for this one as he always drew my favorite version of WW on comic cover sin the 70'. I basically just requested a 70's Wonder Woman

wwbuckler1_zps8p9nvln7.jpg

Picked up this recreation of the cover of Marvel Two In Annual #7 from original Artist Ron Wilson at con. Actually something I wanted a commission of, so this saved me the trouble

mtiorc_zpsczsjjy4l.jpg

Latest arrival Black Canary by Mike Grell. In retrospect wished I had asked for "action" or "running" but I don't like to over-instruct the artist, so I got the "standard" . Of course, it's still gorgeous.

sharelogo.pngBlack Canary by Mike Grell

4OtcyTRk_0211162245091gpadd.jpg

Click Here to visit my Art Gallery on comicartfans.com!

Edited by VintageMike