• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official Commission Collecting Thread
15 15

2,863 posts in this topic

For me, initial contact and/or a reply has been my biggest hurdle. I am hoping it is my inexperience.

Who, in particular, are you having trouble contacting? Maybe one of us can help you out.

Well, for instance, here is a situation that describes my luck on this subject.

Michael Golden is scheduled to appear at Wizard New Orleans, which I will attend. Wizards website lists an email specifically for arranging commissions for Mr. Golden, in advance. I used it and got no response. After a couple weeks, I sent him a message via Facebook, and nothing. Its rather frustrating and I DO NOT want to hound anyone as I feel it very rude, but what should I think here?

I did the EXACT same thing with Cary Nord and got the exact same lack of response.

I'm not sure about Nord, but I've had experience dealing with Michael Golden and his rep, Renee. She is not good about relying to e-mails. And I think that Michael very rarely checks his Facebook. But Michael draws all weekend at conventions. I've gotten something from him at a Wizard World New Orleans before and the best thing is just to go to him right at the start of the show and explain what you want. Renee will take the money and Michael will have it drawn by the end of the show.

Recently met Golden at a convention. Got there on Friday and picked up the commission on Sunday.

IMG_4197_zps5xsjekdk.jpg

People seem to have issues with Jamie Biggs. I think Jamie is a pretty good guy. He finished 2 commissions for me in about 8 weeks. The entire process was professional and Jamie missed the last deadline by 3 days as he was sick. He communicated what was going on during the entire process and answered any questions I asked. Very easy and I couldn't have been happier.

Part of my gift to my wife for our 33rd Anniversary. She's admired Michael Dooney's work for some time, mentioned getting a commission at some point, and is a fan of the Disney villainesses so I did the obvious.

MnJFCmoT_2211151929501.jpg

Click to embiggen.

Edited by alxjhnsn