• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official Commission Collecting Thread
15 15

2,863 posts in this topic

I got a somewhat belated delivery (he's a busy guy) of last years halloween-commission (it is starting to be something of a tradition) from Bill Galvan at SDCC in July:

CM4G1zTWUAATpBp.jpg

It is inspired by page 11 in Archie #649 and designed to be an alternate cover, an idea Bill (unknowing to me) had submitted to the people at Archie but never got approved.

Members (Wendy "Double W" Weatherbee, Ethel Muggs, Trula Twyst, Sandy Sanchez & Debbie) of the organization "United Girls Against Jughead" are conjuring up some evil plan... Jughead beware!

Click on the picture to see it in my CAF gallery.

Edited by Caltex98

Mike DeCarlo did this for me. The files show how it progressed from a sketch to the finished inked page. Homer as The Punisher seemed like a funny idea to me and I'd never seen it done.

BTW, the streetlight overhead casting a Punisher symbol shadow off Frank unto the street is a theme I have done whenever I get a Punisher commission done

1st sketch

Homer%20Punisher%20Blue%20Pencil_zpsmnqlcfyj.jpg

After a bit of communication he penciled this one

Homer%20Punisher%20Pencil_zpsj6w1nlms.jpg

Finished Inked page as delivered

Homer%20Punisher%20Inked_zpsrjp0mqo5.jpg

Continuing in my series of TV Series Super Hero's turned into original comic art, I met with Lou Ferrigno this weekend, (September 18th, 2015) at the Columbus Comic Con and he signed my original Don Perlin original art commission. 16x20 in size, I was honored to add this piece to my collection from the master Don Perlin. Talented colorist Jeff Balke completed the job. Enjoy.

Troy R. Kinunen

troy@mearsonline.com 2h6ggzm.jpg[/img]

I am a big fan of the All Star Squadron by Roy Thomas and especially liked the issues drawn by Rich Buckler and Jerry Ordway. Jerry did a nice Liberty Belle iPod piece a few years back, Recently I commissioned him to do a full on All-Star Squadron commission, with Liberty Belle as Per Degaton prisoner in his laboratory and

Johnny Quick, Firebrand, Robotman, Atom breaking in to rescue her.

Jerry just finished it, unfortunately I won't get it til next week since I will be back at Baltimore, but he sent me a scan. It blew me away, exceeding my expectations.

Damn I wish Roy and Jerry would bring back All-Star Squadron. Here it is.

All-Star-SquadDegaton_comm.jpg

Just got this. 21 days from contact with the artist to it being delivered. Sorry about the photo. A part of my Punisher walking out of a street light with the Punisher symbol being a sort of shadow on the ground and background around him.

BTW, that is only in pencil - no inks.

Justice League #101 One Minute Later: This is part two to the JLA 100-102 storyline. Here, the centerpiece is by BLOOP creator and Star Trek artist Steve Conley with the heads on the right and left as follows:

Superman = Jose Luis Garcia Lopez with inks by Mark Morales

Batman = John Romita jr. with inks by Joe Rubinstein

Hawkman = Howard Chaykin with inks by Joe Rubinstein

Green Lantern = Mike Grell w/inks by Joe Rubinstein

The Atomm - Frank Bolle w/inks by Joe Rubinstein

Green Arrow = Giordano with inks by Chris Ivy

The Spectre = George Perez pencils/Joe Rubinstein inks

The Flash - Marvel golden age artist Ken Bald with inks by Rubinstein

Dr. Fate - Walter Simonson with inks by Rubinstein

Wildcat = Don Perlin with inks by Chris Ivy

Starman = Tony Harris

Red Tornado = Brandon Peterson