• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official Commission Collecting Thread
15 15

2,863 posts in this topic

Received commission from Pacheco iPod commission. Loved his run on the X-Men and have been wanting to have him contribute to my iPod theme. Exceeded my expectation, looks like Carlos had fun on this one. Going clockwise on the

Posters:

Mamas and the Papas

Beatles

Elvis (1967)

Simon and Garfunkel

Albums:

Monkees - Head

Bee Gees - Morning My Life

Beach Boys - Pet Sounds

Marvel_Girl_iPod_Pacheco.jpg

Awesome piece Brian!

Here are a few sketches I picked up at last month's RoseCityComicCon.

First up, this 11x14 piece by Pete Woods. Not only is Pete of the highest integrity, but his wife Rebecca is a ray of sunshine to talk to. This Steampunk Harley is for you 'Evil Cody'! ;)

swcxo9.jpg

Second, these two (12x15) pieces from the talented Steve Rude 'the Dude'. Steve was so friendly, taking time to get to know his fans a bit, giving drawing tips, as well as sharing interesting conversations that he's had with legendary artists and creators. And it was so nice to meet and talk with his wife, Jaynelle (the hardest working other-half that I've ever met)!

Not only is Steve an amazing comic artist, but he also loves doing fine art. I couldn't decide on what I wanted, so I just told him to draw whatever he felt like. It was really cool to see him just whip this charcoal piece off the top of his head. He finished the piece on Saturday, but I didn't get a chance to pick it up until Sunday morning. Ever the perfectionist, just as he was handing it to me, he pulls it back because he noticed that he could improve it even more. He then proceeded to add more shading and the flower in her hair (a nice touch!).

qpiix0.jpg

9gk4qo.jpg

sew1zp.jpg

I was so pleased with the first piece that I had to get a comic character from him. So for my second piece, I asked for a Gwen Stacy. When Steve does his fine art pieces at his studio, it's common for him to bring in live models. I asked Steve for a particular pose and to my surprise, he flagged down a more than willing participant. John Flesk of Flesk Publications couldn't resist capturing Steve at work.

352jayu.jpg

k4ukbb.jpg

This was the first piece I've ever commissioned from a few months ago. It's from Stephen Mooney, author and artist of IDW's Half Past Danger miniseries. I had him do one of the main characters, Agent Elizabeth Moss as femme fatale/film noir as possible. I was very pleased with the results.

photo.jpg

Edited by ZimmermanTelegram

Here are a few sketches I picked up at last month's RoseCityComicCon.

First up, this 11x14 piece by Pete Woods. Not only is Pete of the highest integrity, but his wife Rebecca is a ray of sunshine to talk to. This Steampunk Harley is for you 'Evil Cody'! ;)

swcxo9.jpg

Second, these two (12x15) pieces from the talented Steve Rude 'the Dude'. Steve was so friendly, taking time to get to know his fans a bit, giving drawing tips, as well as sharing interesting conversations that he's had with legendary artists and creators. And it was so nice to meet and talk with his wife, Jaynelle (the hardest working other-half that I've ever met)!

Not only is Steve an amazing comic artist, but he also loves doing fine art. I couldn't decide on what I wanted, so I just told him to draw whatever he felt like. It was really cool to see him just whip this charcoal piece off the top of his head. He finished the piece on Saturday, but I didn't get a chance to pick it up until Sunday morning. Ever the perfectionist, just as he was handing it to me, he pulls it back because he noticed that he could improve it even more. He then proceeded to add more shading and the flower in her hair (a nice touch!).

qpiix0.jpg

9gk4qo.jpg

sew1zp.jpg

I was so pleased with the first piece that I had to get a comic character from him. So for my second piece, I asked for a Gwen Stacy. When Steve does his fine art pieces at his studio, it's common for him to bring in live models. I asked Steve for a particular pose and to my surprise, he flagged down a more than willing participant. John Flesk of Flesk Publications couldn't resist capturing Steve at work.

352jayu.jpg

k4ukbb.jpg

Cool stuff! (thumbs u

This was the first piece I've ever commissione from a few months ago. It's from Stephen Mooney, author and artist of IDW's Half Past Danger miniseries. I had him do one of the main characters, Agent Elizabeth Moss as femme fatale/film noir as possible. I was very pleased with the results.

photo.jpg

Great piece!

This was the first piece I've ever commissioned from a few months ago. It's from Stephen Mooney, author and artist of IDW's Half Past Danger miniseries. I had him do one of the main characters, Agent Elizabeth Moss as femme fatale/film noir as possible. I was very pleased with the results.

sweet!

Latest additions from NYCC

Steve McNiven Prelim sketch for Death of Wolverine:

E20B8CF8-4A45-429E-ADC0-36B2A66F5B88_zpsf4yg9qze.jpg

Batman Nightwing Commission i got from Derek Fridolfs:

031F83DB-7336-4761-8C42-957DA79CD11A_zpseuj7uirr.jpg

Felicia Book Commission done by Rafael Albuquerque:

9672DB64-1503-4D14-910E-221D2E4CFD57_zpsc22dudxg.jpg

Peter Panzerfaust Commission done by Tyler Jenkins!

AB3DAA75-146C-45EB-AFAE-FB3CB3482B76_zpsx5k3n8ea.jpg

The two Commissions I got at NYCC.

Erik Larsen Spiderman. Way too large for the scanner so a iphone pic

BD6865E7-599E-4E63-91DA-89D77138E642_zpsvju3kumi.jpg

Menton Matthews III (Menton3) Monocyte. It is much bigger than this. Just a quick scan. Love this piece!

Monocyte_zpsac16b886.jpg