• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official Commission Collecting Thread
15 15

2,863 posts in this topic

So here are my newest additions to my collection. I have to give a shout out to fellow boardie member "violentluke" as the artist. I came across his art in the "show us your personal artwork" section in the Comics General forum. I encourage everyone to look up his art on page 219-222(?) as he listed a dozen plus pieces all of which are amazing. I bought the first 2 images that we're previously drawn and asked him to do a Superman piece for me at his own artistic discretion. I wont say how much but he was very reasonable, incredibly quick and a pleasure to do business with.

I am personally blown away and hope you all agree!

vy3wg9.jpg[/img]

1gisdw.jpg[/img]

1z4g9yr.jpg[/img]

The Punisher claims the "Iron" Throne by Eric W. Meador

IMG_9375_zps7b6f7dcb.jpg

You can read Eric's take on this commission here:

http://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=1152884

Also check out the amazing Rocket Raccoon piece he did that James Gunn, director of Guardians of the Galaxy, posted on his FB.

http://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=1036496

I forgot to post my latest commissions here. There are two (click to embiggen):

Superman by Curt Swan (blue line), Joe Rubinstein (inks), and Laura Martin (color)

9kDEyVKO_1208141752211.jpg

Gigantor/Astro Boy vs. Big Guy and Rusty, the Boy Robot by Geof Darrow

Ka91Jyqa_1508141830581.jpg

Better pictures on the gigantic Darrow piece.

I'm a big hockey fan and was fortunate to come across an original Betty cover. Then, earlier this year, Stan Goldberg came to my LCS for free comic book day. He drew a sketch for me of Veronica (in my uniform #19), extending the cover art.

Stan is in his 80's and has had some health issues lately. I pray that he makes a full recovery.

Edit: Sadly, Stan has passed away this weekend. He will be missed.

James

Betty94withsketch_zpsb3c8e879.jpeg

Edited by comix4sale