• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official Commission Collecting Thread
15 15

2,863 posts in this topic

Over the last few years; I've been trying to pickup at least one commissioned piece of artwork when I go to a major convention. This year at Heroes Con; I asked Bob McLeod come up with Wolverine protecting Kitty Pryde. It didn't dawn on me at the time that I was asking him to come up with something similar to the UXM 141 cover and this is what he came up with:

14294685618_7a7b80cb34_o.jpg

I picked it up Friday and it has already been dropped off at the framers to get framed; so that I can add it to my wall of commissions.

Can't wait to see who will be at Heroes next year so I can start planning my next purchase.

Psy

Edited by PsylockeSmythe

Over the last few years; I've been trying to pickup at least one commissioned piece of artwork when I go to a major convention. This year at Heroes Con; I asked Bob McLeod come up with Wolverine protecting Kitty Pryde. It didn't dawn on me at the time that I was asking him to come up with something similar to the UXM 141 cover and this is what he came up with:

14294685618_7a7b80cb34_o.jpg

I picked it up Friday and it has already been dropped off at the framers to get framed; so that I can add it to my wall of commissions.

Can't wait to see who will be at Heroes next year so I can start planning my next purchase.

Psy

Beautiful!!!! :whee:

Dan

"Boogeyman Triumphant" commission by Cursed Pirate Girl artist, Jeremy Bastian. Interpretation of The Stuff of Legend's Boogeyman Edition #1 by Charles Paul Wilson III. Denver Comic Con 2014.

securedownload_zps22ec894a.jpeg

Dan

Exceptional effort behind this commission, awesome piece!

Thanks, man! He really liked the concept and is familiar with Charles and his work. I'm relatively new to commissions, but I found that if you let an artist run with their own ideas, you get terrific results. Plus, pay the man!

Dan

I'm blown away by what Bastian can produce under "con sketch" conditions. So much thought and effort into each piece. He can't keep this up forever...if you have a chance to get on his list, it's a must.

Just got this in the mail.

Pencils by mark bagley, scanned and sent to Randy Emberlin for inks. Randy printed it out in blue line and inked it.

Very happy to be able to keep both the inks and the pencils.

1999B1C4-3F8C-4022-8ED5-C44B6E53FDB3_zps252s6ohd.jpg

E4DEEFD0-CCA7-4664-B142-46C5E69C04FF_zpscq9ylx9e.jpg

Just got this in the mail.

Pencils by mark bagley, scanned and sent to Randy Emberlin for inks. Randy printed it out in blue line and inked it.

Very happy to be able to keep both the inks and the pencils.

1999B1C4-3F8C-4022-8ED5-C44B6E53FDB3_zps252s6ohd.jpg

E4DEEFD0-CCA7-4664-B142-46C5E69C04FF_zpscq9ylx9e.jpg

AWESOME, George!!

The Fraims always deliver excellent commissions.

Totally and happily agree. It's the first time I ever had commissions made and my experience with them has been top notch - work quality, turnaround time and overall professionalism. Here's te second piece I had them work on also, finalized too - a pen and ink Vampire Hunter mash up

imagejpg1_zpsc8913268.jpg