• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official Commission Collecting Thread
15 15

2,863 posts in this topic

"Boogeyman Triumphant" commission by Cursed Pirate Girl artist, Jeremy Bastian. Interpretation of The Stuff of Legend's Boogeyman Edition #1 by Charles Paul Wilson III. Denver Comic Con 2014.

securedownload_zps22ec894a.jpeg

Dan

"Boogeyman Triumphant" commission by Cursed Pirate Girl artist, Jeremy Bastian. Interpretation of The Stuff of Legend's Boogeyman Edition #1 by Charles Paul Wilson III. Denver Comic Con 2014.

Dan

Very nice buddy! (thumbs u

Thanks guys! He was psyched for the subject and I got to him early yesterday just as the Denver Con started and he accepted the commission and came through this afternoon. Very nice and cool guy!

Dan

Dan

Lovely commission. More than worth the price of entry (thumbs u

These are two inking commissions (inkers dont get enough respect) from Romeo Tanghal. One is a lightboxed over Denys Cowan's pencil piece I won off ebay. I love Denys' composition but some of the figure work was off so Romeo fixed it and tightened everything up. The other is a SDCC drawing Eduardo did for me in 2006. One thing I love about Romeo is he will go the extra mile won't just stick with what the penciler did but will enhance it and fill in the missing items. Thrilled with what he did. I highly recommend Romeo he is very good and fast.

Romeo Tanghal's inks:

Starfire_Cowan_tanghal.jpg

Denys Cowan's pencils:

Starfire_Denys_Cowan.jpg

Romeo Tanghal's inks:

Starfire_SSDC_Barreto_Tanghal.jpg

Eduardo Barreto's pencils:

starfire_barreto_con.jpg

New to getting commissions done, have two so far from Brian and Brendon Fraim which are still work in progress. Here's the first one, an inked scan (soon to be colored) JLA/Avengers #2 cover homage. Apart from featuring various Avengers & Leaguers (some their TV/movie incarnations), also has cameos from a diverse set of other characters i.e. Darna, Rick Grimes, Grifter, Turok, Preacher, Solar & Magnus.

imagejpg1_zpsc1d14b72.jpg

Here's a second one from the Fraim brothers. Also work in progress, scan of pencilled 'Vampire Hunters" commission. Various characters such as Sam & Dean "Supernatural" Winchester, BTVS, Selene from Underworld, Blade, Vampire Hunter D, etc. I just love is genre!

imagejpg1_zps93417c47.jpg

Dan

Exceptional effort behind this commission, awesome piece!

Dan

Exceptional effort behind this commission, awesome piece!

Thanks, man! He really liked the concept and is familiar with Charles and his work. I'm relatively new to commissions, but I found that if you let an artist run with their own ideas, you get terrific results. Plus, pay the man!

Dan