• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official Commission Collecting Thread
15 15

2,863 posts in this topic

ddf4nc.jpg

:applause: Who is that by?

It is Mark Buckingham.

Great job Gerry! Mark gave me a tentative yes on something like this at NYCC a few years ago but I never was able to follow up. You done good! (why is he wearing that outfit though, and not the one Mark designed? Does even Mark hate drawing it or did you ask for this classic look?)

Edited by Bird

I got on the pre-con commissions lists for Kris Anka and Kevin Wada(for Heroescon) and both have already finished my commissions.

Kirby/Classic Loki by Kris Anka

tumblr_n5bl6yQBXr1re8ijgo1_1280.jpg

And Siege Loki by Kevin Wada (very nsfw, so Im linking the page instead of the pic.)

http://kevinwada.tumblr.com/post/85728692153/loki-heroescon-2014-sketch

The second one was especially fun to commission. :devil:

This was from last years Motor City Comic Con, 1970's Marvel Horror charactor "Lilith, Daughter of Dracula" as a My Little Pony by Andy Price

APlilithScan03.png

This was a suprise for my wife at this years C2E2 by Sara Richard

10thcs.jpg

This was something I've wanted for.. wow, I don't know.. 15 years? More? 11x17 of Kinetix from Legion of Superheros when she was mystical with a cat tail by Jeff Moy. Picked it up at C2E2

kinetix.jpg

When Jon Morris sent me my two commissions, he included two sketch cards as a bonus! He knows that I'm a huge Legion of Super-Heroes fan, so he sent me two characters from Legion lore:

The Weirdo Legionnaire (read the description for a little history on this guy)

5yVRsrog_1605141312461.jpg

&

Validus

aUYpYyem_1705141918461.jpg

Hello All, :grin:

I didn't even know this thread existed until today! :applause: Had I known I would have been posted my commissions! doh!

I see some very nice commissioned artwork here and would like to show the few I have with several more to come! Stay tuned! :headbang:

Here is my very first one done by the great Manuel Sanjulian! I contacted him via email with my conceptual idea and he was very happy to oblige me! (thumbs u This has Wonder Woman vs Cheetah throwing down in Central Park in NYC! In the background you can see the Angel of Bethesda Fountain & the Empire State Building. It is currently my only painting done entirely in an oil medium.

<a  href=WW_vs_Cheetah_finished_zps5529333b.jpg'

This is a nice commission done by Gene Espy of Spidey vs Green Goblin on the Brooklyn Bridge! Nice B & W commission I have to say with great detail. If you since a New York theme, yes it's my home town. A Brooklynite born & raised! :headbang:

:cloud9: Here you have Storm over the Serengeti of Tanzania working her mutant powers with Mt. Kilimanjaro in the background. The detailing in this artwork is probably Mr. Koufay's best work to date! (worship) I have another commission due by him this week, so stay tuned people! :popcorn:

[/b]

:cloud9:

[/b]

<a  href=062ddaac-975f-477f-9323-b613372f6b4c_zps

I didn't even know this thread existed until today! :applause: Had I known I would have been posted my commissions! doh!

I see some very nice commissioned artwork here and would like to show the few I have with several more to come! Stay tuned! :headbang:

Those are all really great pieces. Most commissions nowadays have really been just sketches or single character pieces or something without backgrounds.

It is refreshing to still be seeing fully-rendered cover-quality commissions like the ones you have just posted. Those are truly awesome! Wow!

Those are all really great pieces. Most commissions nowadays have really been just sketches or single character pieces or something without backgrounds.

It is refreshing to still be seeing fully-rendered cover-quality commissions like the ones you have just posted. Those are truly awesome! Wow!

Thanks my friend! (thumbs u When you have a conceptual idea of what have in mind and an Artist that is open-minded enough to accommodate you, I have to go all in! :headbang:

I have about 4 more that I have to get done and then I will be through with personal commissions. I have one pending by Jay Anacleto and another by Gennadiy Koufay due this week. Then I am hoping to get Gerald Brom to do one later this year and lastly, Boris Vallejo & Julie Bell for 2015! :cloud9:

They will all be timeless treasures to say the least! ;)