• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official Commission Collecting Thread
15 15

2,863 posts in this topic

I've got a couple of things in the works to build my Bane art collection. I picked this up off eBay. As I can't see myself getting lucky enough to get a Jim Balent Bane sketch cover, this will have to do for now.

4AB076A7-3544-43DB-ADE5-2E582E24C1AB_zpslno6pgrt.png

that's a very nice balent piece. congrats!

I got seven "Karate Kid vs." commissions at Wizard World New Orleans, a personal best for me, and they are all fantastic. Click on a thumbnails to see the big images:

IMNzBpj1_1002141040081.jpg

Karate Kid vs. Guardian by Pere Perez

m7YzY6Xa_1002141143571.jpg

Karate Kid vs. Iron Man by Bob Layton

HcA82HKV_1002141235271.jpg

Karate Kid vs. the Creeper by Steve Scott

XKYNzqBd_1002141344051.jpg

Karate Kid vs. Optimus Prime by Robby Musso

jv5mgbHK_1002141435541.jpg

Karate Kid vs. Finesse by Mike McKone

pbcyZfT1_1002141525421.jpg

Karate Kid vs. Thundra by Carlos Pacheco

bPj5NuXr_1002141600211.jpg

Karate Kid vs. Bengal by Humberto Ramos

I love theme commissions. There are some awesome ones "out there."

I'd love to see a printed art book for some of these. Sort of like what the 3-Minute Sketchbook Michael Finn did with Hero Initiative a few years ago. Excellent book, you should try to find a copy.

That is an outstanding list, Alex! :applause:

I'm particularly fond of this one and this one, too , unfortunately they weren't around when your list was made. :shy:

I got seven "Karate Kid vs." commissions at Wizard World New Orleans, a personal best for me, and they are all fantastic. Click on a thumbnails to see the big images:

:applause: Excellent pickups! Ramos is my favorite of the bunch, but Pacheco and Steve Scott are standouts as well.

Okay, I'm gonna try not to gush here, but check this out...

r3F2V92d_1402140845491.jpg

http://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=1097755

Several Boardies, lead by USArmyParatrooper, got together and, as an incredibly generous thanks for helping them out with some way overdue sketch covers & commissions, pitched in to get this commission for me. :whatthe: How freakin' awesome is that???

Anyway, it arrived today, and I just wish they could all have gotten a chance to see it in person, it's pretty amazing.

So, Sean and everyone else who pitched in, THANKS TONS, I LOVE IT!! I really can't express how nice this was, it's had me in a good mood all day long. :whee:

Do we not have the best Boardies in the whole world here? :banana:

http://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=1097755

Several Boardies, lead by USArmyParatrooper, got together and, as an incredibly generous thanks for helping them out with some way overdue sketch covers & commissions, pitched in to get this commission for me. :whatthe: How freakin' awesome is that???

Anyway, it arrived today, and I just wish they could all have gotten a chance to see it in person, it's pretty amazing.

So, Sean and everyone else who pitched in, THANKS TONS, I LOVE IT!! I really can't express how nice this was, it's had me in a good mood all day long. :whee:

Do we not have the best Boardies in the whole world here? :banana:

Great piece! And great story behind it!

Hey Travis, Ronnie here, great pieces!!! I might have to start emailing these artisits before the next con and get some full sketches. I'll post a few in a bit, My Psylocke by Sara Richard one of my favorites, going to get a full piece next year.

Ignorance is less than blissful-how the heck do you put a picture up on here? Do you have to link to it on the web? I tried to link it to my CAF, but that was clearly a fail. Its under my real name though-Benno Rothschild-so have a look!

Ignorance is less than blissful-how the heck do you put a picture up on here? Do you have to link to it on the web? I tried to link it to my CAF, but that was clearly a fail. Its under my real name though-Benno Rothschild-so have a look!

PM sent. I have a standard answer to this frequent question.