• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four Collecting Thread!
31 31

13,410 posts in this topic

Thanks much! Now if I can land one more nice book I'll be good for 2014...these things are freaking expensive...

Dan

Dan! Sick :sick: copy man! Happy for you...you're due to sell me an undercopy in 2014!!

Current list...2/3/4/5/6/9/10/12

I hear ya on expensive!! :insane::frustrated:

My 1 and 2 are slabbed. Anybody have a 3 for sale or trade.?

I have an unrestored CGC 8.0 ow for sale. :shy:

Dan, that's a gorgeous copy of a tough book. I really like that for your collection you hold out for copies with white pages, bright cover stock, and exact registration, in other words, the best looking ones there are. (thumbs u

Thanks, Bob (and Tom) -- much appreciated!

I've essentially scaled down to collecting FF 1-20 and Annuals 1-2 for now...finances won't allow me to do these huge runs and I'd rather have the quality than the quantity. I still need a bunch of them (including 1-4), but am very happy when I see "the one" like this #12 and can add it in.

No undercopies for sale right now, either -- everything's already gone!

Dan

My 1 and 2 are slabbed. Anybody have a 3 for sale or trade.?

I have an unrestored CGC 8.0 ow for sale. :shy:

Dan, that's a gorgeous copy of a tough book. I really like that for your collection you hold out for copies with white pages, bright cover stock, and exact registration, in other words, the best looking ones there are. (thumbs u

The 8,0 is probably out of my comfort zone. I have a nice ASM 5 or ST110 for trade?

The 8,0 is probably out of my comfort zone. I have a nice ASM 5 or ST110 for trade?

Which is your comfort zone?

Mine is very low, as far as the early issues go… :(

My 1 is a 4.0 and my 2 is a nice presenting 1.8. Most defects on the back. What do you have in mind? As I mentioned before, I like to trade. Lmk

Which is your comfort zone?

Mine is very low, as far as the early issues go… :(

My 1 is a 4.0 and my 2 is a nice presenting 1.8. Most defects on the back. What do you have in mind? As I mentioned before, I like to trade. Lmk

Would have loved to meet you before! :D

I had a decent #3 CGC 3.0, but sold it months ago:

gYnioBll.jpg

4C7dF2Rh.jpg

to "downgrade" to a nice VG+ (with a neglectable amount of color touch I don’t care at all about):

5Gk5ERth.jpg

I would love to have a #5 but so far I have nothing interesting to offer (except a few #67 in high grade and a few lowgrade duplicates including #49 and #52). Well, if you decide to sell your #5, I’d love to see it anyway! (thumbs u

That #3 is nice, right up my alley...I love those 3.0-6.0 books for the early SA stuff, especially keys.

It was nice, but I preferred a nice raw copy with the "stigma" of color tough, as it is basically nonexistent. I saw Greg had it re-slabbed and it came back as a 3.5, now in the collection of Buzzetta:

0032_zps5aa8aaf5.jpg

I get a knack to see a book that "vacationed" in Italy for some ten years to get back in the US, and get upgraded! :D