• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official Commission Collecting Thread
15 15

2,863 posts in this topic

Did I ever show you this ;) its not a commission but I love it anyway

How dare you ruin the purity of this thread! :o

It's called the "Official" Commission Collecting Thread for a reason! :rulez:

Take your pretty little published piece here :baiting:

lol

Thanks man , oops sorry for ruining the thread. Oh and wait til u see what I have coming from Jose Luis Garcia Lopez, and yea its another superman ;)

Looking forward to it Matt....Seriously I just don't understand how someone could not only have the expendable income to get all these done but then be able to contact all these amazing artist for commission!! If you ever just need to unload these pieces for pennies, you let me know

Thanks man , oops sorry for ruining the thread. Oh and wait til u see what I have coming from Jose Luis Garcia Lopez, and yea its another superman ;)

Looking forward to it Matt....Seriously I just don't understand how someone could not only have the expendable income to get all these done but then be able to contact all these amazing artist for commission!! If you ever just need to unload these pieces for pennies, you let me know

M'man, why'd you remove yourself from our PM conversation?

Thanks man, when rags morales opens up his commission list again im gonna try and get the superman with a t-shirt and jeans. I have failed to make his list twice lol. Oh and I always Make sure that the artists lets me send them books to sign. I also have been getting those superman unchained variants signed by all the artists I own pieces to. Im about to send some books to Lopez.

I just got word from Paul Smith that my commission is done. :whee:

If anyone's interested, I highly recommend commissioning something off him. He's a super nice guy, very responsive to emails, and works with you through the whole process, sending several rounds of concept sketches until y'all agree on exactly what you want. And for being my favorite X-Men artist :luhv:, his rates are reasonable.

I just got word from Paul Smith that my commission is done. :whee:

If anyone's interested, I highly recommend commissioning something off him. He's a super nice guy, very responsive to emails, and works with you through the whole process, sending several rounds of concept sketches until y'all agree on exactly what you want. And for being my favorite X-Men artist :luhv:, his rates are reasonable.

Sweet! Got a scan? I got one from PMS a few years ago and it is awesome, so I expect you to be very happy with the result. He is aces!

Cody Schibi's take on the Green Goblin claiming the "Iron" Throne:

eXdCsMmq_3001141426061.jpg

What process to you go through when selecting your artists? Haven't heard of many you have chosen and they all have come out so great.

Cody Schibi's take on the Green Goblin claiming the "Iron" Throne:

eXdCsMmq_3001141426061.jpg

What process to you go through when selecting your artists? Haven't heard of many you have chosen and they all have come out so great.

Thanks! Whomever will work the cheapest!!! :grin:

Actually, most of them were artists that I have commissioned in the past, so I've been familiar with their work, but some, such as Cody, I just found his work online and thought he might be a good fit. Occasionally I've asked some of the art dealers I know if they may have an artist they represent who would be interested in my theme. That's how Riley Rossmo and Sheldon Vella ended up doing pieces for me. Neither were taking commissions at the time, but both were instantly inspired and came up with very cool pieces. And every now and then, our fellow collectors will suggest an artist to look into. It helps that most of them have been fans of either the books or show as well and I usually give them free reign to pick the character they want to claim the throne. It's been fun!