• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official Commission Collecting Thread
15 15

2,863 posts in this topic

I never posted this here, but I'm still thrilled about it!

Here's my Mirage Studios Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle Jam commission.

Pencils by Kevin Eastman, Peter Laird, Michael Dooney, and Jim Lawson

Inks by Dan Berger

Colors by Steve Lavigne

All are Mirage Studios artists and they came together to recreate the iconic cover to TMNT #1. I'm not sure a commission can get more turtle-y than this. :cloud9:

TMNT Mirage Jam

:cloud9::applause: Good gravy, that is one seriously beautiful jam piece! I would love to hear the process behind how you were able to bring it to fruition!

That's a great Josh Medors Hulk piece. That and a Daredevil commission someone posted were the reasons I got into his art. If you're ever interested in selling, please send me a PM. Thanks for posting!

Thanks Peter. I was pretty fortunate to get the Hulk piece direct from Josh before he passed. He was working on another commission for me, but it never got finished. :(

Shoot me an offer...You never know!

I've got a similar story. We last met up at the Cincinnati Comic Expo last year. I had dropped off 3 blank sketchcovers for him to do: Wolverine, Hawkeye, and the Hulk. He got started on the Wolverine piece and wanted to put more time into them and asked if he could take them home and mail them to me. I agreed. Unfortunately, he passed a few months later.

At Gem City Comic Con this last year, I met up with his wife and she gave me my two blanks back along with the unfinished Wolverine piece. She told me it was the "second to last piece of art he ever worked on". It was definitely a sad meeting. She had a stamp made of his signature and she stamped it for me. CGC got the dates wrong on it, but I don't really care. I really loved Josh's art and he's sorely missed. RIP.

Wolverine1-MedorsWolverine.jpg

Hey Peter, I was finally able to get my hands on my very own Medors SS. This thing is sick in person!

20131120_200103.jpg

We should start a Josh Medors appreciation thread. It would be nice to see his work in one page. Where would the appropriate thread be located? Here? Signature room? Or modern?

Edited by 1dingo

We should start a Josh Medors appreciation thread. It would be nice to see his work in one page. Where would the appropriate thread be located? Here? Signature room? Or modern?

Not sure exactly where it should, but I agree, that sounds like an excellent idea for sure!

I am saving up for other things right now, but I had to jump at the chance to get one done by my favorite childhood artist. Been waiting for the opportunity for a long time.

Got a pic of a rough sketch today. Even if it was just this sketch I would be incredibly thrilled. I can't wait to see the finished product.

amazing361coversketch_zpscd6b38c1.jpg

Edited by Gsims718

First I have to say as a collector of all things Superman, your artwork is amazing. I have contacted Dan Jurgens about doing a piece and he sent back a message saying he wasn't doing commissions. How could I contact either Grummet or Ordway to see if they're available?