• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four Collecting Thread!
31 31

13,410 posts in this topic

Thanks guys. And Dan is right. The whites on the 2 make the other colors pop that much more. Just look at the 28 that Bob posted. Having a background that white makes all of the other colors stand out.

The Curator is on the right, and a nice cgc 9.2 ow/w undercopy is on the left. The Curators have amazing paper preservation:

FF26comparison.jpg

Dan two super books, and white pages on a #13 is not easy.

Richard - do you have a nice #12 in your collection? If not what is next on the list of early FF's you want to chase? :popcorn:

I need a 3 and a 7 to have the first forty.

I have a #7 in 9.0 thanks to Dan/drummy...pretty sure he has a 9.2...maybe a 9.4...there's a new 9.4 in the Heritage Auction from the new pedigree Don/Maggie Thompson Collection...good luck if you choose to go for it! :wishluck:

FF7.jpg

Another sweet book Tom.

Yep. A beauty! (thumbs u

I'm not competiting with any of those copies, that's for sure! But I did want to grab oneof these before the GotG movie hype really started

You did right, as it is an awesome issue – my favorite one so far! (thumbs u

My copy is this one in VF range, but I also have a slabbed 9.0 whose cover paper is a bit whiter but which I like less because colors on the VF are great (picture is a bit overexposed – was the seller's photo):

95ZhqvVh.jpg

UE4akSrh.jpg

These are pure gold, pumpkin! ;)

I understand the worry about getting bronze which could get expensive, especially if you mean to read runs and cover various titles, like I do, but the first hundred FFs should become a priority.

I overpaid a bit on the CGC 9.0, but I am glad about it, as it’s my favorite issue and I wish to keep two copies. Only thing, I hate the idea that slabbed comics lose a bit in value if deslabbed: honestly, I don’t know what to do with slabs, I need to break the books out! :D

(worship)

:D To what, specifically?

F.F. #2 9.4...1st place

F.F. #4 9.4...2nd place...

and F.F. #1 9.0...3rd place...

now if asked if I could take only one of the three...i would take #2...for sure... (worship)

A #1 in 9.0...impossible also....what great copies....

Edited by Blind Owl

Thanks guys. And Dan is right. The whites on the 2 make the other colors pop that much more. Just look at the 28 that Bob posted. Having a background that white makes all of the other colors stand out.

The Curator is on the right, and a nice cgc 9.2 ow/w undercopy is on the left. The Curators have amazing paper preservation:

FF26comparison.jpg

Curators are amazing in hand. This is a beautiful #26. Congrats.

We should use this pic when someone asks what's the big deal with pedigrees.

Edited by bomber-bob