• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four Collecting Thread!
31 31

13,410 posts in this topic

They are all so beautiful that its hard to pick one but Id say this #2 is time machine fresh from the looks of it. That yellow is near blinding.

Thanks, and you are right. The #2 is the nicest of the bunch by far. The Curator run all together must have been something pretty amazing to see.

They are all so beautiful that its hard to pick one but Id say this #2 is time machine fresh from the looks of it. That yellow is near blinding.

Thanks, and you are right. The #2 is the nicest of the bunch by far. The Curator run all together must have been something pretty amazing to see.

There are a few fans of the Curator FF run on the boards. I thought the white covers were the whitest I've ever seen, and focused on them:

FF28Curator.jpg

ff02.jpg

Wow, I can't believe how bright the yellow is. Amazing book.

That yellow is blindingly bright. I'm amazed, that cannot be a book that's over 50 years old.

Thanks guys. And Dan is right. The whites on the 2 make the other colors pop that much more. Just look at the 28 that Bob posted. Having a background that white makes all of the other colors stand out.

Thanks guys. And Dan is right. The whites on the 2 make the other colors pop that much more. Just look at the 28 that Bob posted. Having a background that white makes all of the other colors stand out.

There's just less distortion of all the colors period because the paper underneath the ink hasn't changed color. I *thought* your #15 had incredible colors until I compared it to your #2!

To me that's an even better comparison. Look at 15 and 2 side by side. As nice as your 15 is you can see a little aging of paper and a little darkening of the yellow; none on the #2.

The yellow areas are like comparing a mustard yellow to a neon yellow highlighter. The whites are like comparing a soft grey to a blinding white :blush:

ff15.jpg

ff2.jpg

I dunno what you paid for that #2, but it was worth it.

Dan two super books, and white pages on a #13 is not easy.

Richard - do you have a nice #12 in your collection? If not what is next on the list of early FF's you want to chase? :popcorn:

I need a 3 and a 7 to have the first forty.

I have a #7 in 9.0 thanks to Dan/drummy...pretty sure he has a 9.2...maybe a 9.4...there's a new 9.4 in the Heritage Auction from the new pedigree Don/Maggie Thompson Collection...good luck if you choose to go for it! :wishluck:

FF7.jpg

Edited by trmoore54

There's just less distortion of all the colors period because the paper underneath the ink hasn't changed color. I *thought* your #15 had incredible colors until I compared it to your #2!

To me that's an even better comparison. Look at 15 and 2 side by side. As nice as your 15 is you can see a little aging of paper and a little darkening of the yellow; none on the #2.

The yellow areas are like comparing a mustard yellow to a neon yellow highlighter. The whites are like comparing a soft grey to a blinding white :blush:

ff15.jpg

ff2.jpg

I dunno what you paid for that #2, but it was worth it.

beautiful books both of them. but before you wax rhapsodic on the whites, or compare the 2 scans, first compare the CGC blue label. the FF2 scan is MUCH brighter. In hand, Im sure they are both awesome specimens.

Edited by aman619

Dan two super books, and white pages on a #13 is not easy.

Richard - do you have a nice #12 in your collection? If not what is next on the list of early FF's you want to chase? :popcorn:

I need a 3 and a 7 to have the first forty.

I have a #7 in 9.0 thanks to Dan/drummy...pretty sure he has a 9.2...maybe a 9.4...there's a new 9.4 in the Heritage Auction from the new pedigree Don/Maggie Thompson Collection...good luck if you choose to go for it! :wishluck:

FF7.jpg

Another sweet book Tom.