• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four Collecting Thread!
31 31

13,410 posts in this topic

Great books! That #3 presents well, I see creases but most are non-color breaking and it presents very well!

Thank you! It’s a VG, with very minor color touch in the purple lettering blurb.

I decided to "downgrade" from my CGC 3.0 (according to most US collectors, which despise color rouch) since I couldn’t care less and this copy is beautiful! :cloud9:

I found my raw #9. It's a cracked out 4.5 copy. :headbang: Always really liked this cover.

f46ce4704dd29199e948ab5342f29dbb_zps56821457.jpg[/img]

It helps to complete this picture.

2012-05-29180813.jpg[/img]

I've always loved the two-tone background...this one not dissimilar to JIM 87 background... :cloud9:

Just out of curiosity, here’s the italian edition of #48, which uses a different color scheme (I quite like it): :)

HF0tBvUh.jpg

That's really nice, great colours on it.

I can take a rough guess at the second lock of text, but what's the first one 'dottor destino'?

Not on my US one..

P.

[edit: No matter, google translate. Doctor Destiny - or Doctor Doom ]

Edited by PT

Been a while since I posted anything new on this thread. Picked this up the other day and pretty excited. I've cracked the first 10! Haven't made a major FF buy in almost two years and that was an 11.

ff10_zps98cb50f0.jpg

Been a while since I posted anything new on this thread. Picked this up the other day and pretty excited. I've cracked the first 10! Haven't made a major FF buy in almost two years and that was an 11.

ff10_zps98cb50f0.jpg

Nice copy! CONGRATS! :headbang:

That's really nice, great colours on it.

I can take a rough guess at the second lock of text, but what's the first one 'dottor destino'?

Not on my US one..

P.

[edit: No matter, google translate. Doctor Destiny - or Doctor Doom ]

You’re welcome. Italian books usually had one or two backup features (they were more pages, usually 48 pgs. each) – in this period the backups were Captain Marvel and Dr. Doom stories from Astonishing Tales.

@Trev: Great score on the #10, Trev – I can’t wait to pick little by little all the low number FF I am still missing… :cloud9:

I figured I would also ask the FF collectors on their thoughts...

(I posted this already in the ST110 thread)

I am interested in two books lately.

I am still looking for a nice Strange Tales 110 and have been thinking about buying a copy of FF 48. (I sold my lower grade copy this year)

I am not looking at an investment here. I am wondering which I should pick up now and which I should pick up next year.

The ST110 6.0's seem to be going past the $2000 mark while the FF48 is possible to find for slightly under $2000 in a 9.2.

Thoughts?

I am still looking for a nice Strange Tales 110 and have been thinking about buying a copy of FF 48. (I sold my lower grade copy this year)

I am not looking at an investment here. I am wondering which I should pick up now and which I should pick up next year.

The ST110 6.0's seem to be going past the $2000 mark while the FF48 is possible to find for slightly under $2000 in a 9.2.

Thoughts?

FF #48s are everywhere if you have the $$. ST 110 are harder to find. I would go with the ST 110

I agree. It took me a long time to find a mid-grade ST 110 and I stilll had to pay FMV at the time. Of course I prefer Dr. Strange over any FF villian. Good Luck with your Quest.

I think the popularity of FF #48 has been more due to the Silver Surfer than Galactus, anyway. (shrug)

Thoughts?

I would go with the ST110 first,though both books are going up right now,it is harder to get.Both characters are gonna get movies,most likely,so get em now while you can......