• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official Commission Collecting Thread
15 15

2,863 posts in this topic

(yes I posted it in three places, but I'm just really really pleased with how it turned out)

Esad Ribic at NYCC 2013

tumblr_muiu8936DT1qbr00oo1_r1_1280.jpg

Incredible. Did you just pick this up at the con or did you actually get to see him work on this? He is such a master of his craft. I hope to one day own a piece of his.

I watched him paint some of it but he worked on it so long I couldnt stay the entire time to watch. I saw all the major parts completed though. And I watched him paint my friends entire commission start to finish(he invited us behind his table to watch in artist alley for that one.)

tumblr_mujoaacPTo1qbr00oo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mupic1oQgV1qlghhmo1_1280.jpg

And when we got a picture with Esad and our commissions at the end of the show.

HFLKHDFJHDSFJDFHKJFDH_zps003cae78.jpg

This NYCC was quite the experience for us, as you can tell.

(Also, another friend of mine got a commission not shown here. And if you search Ribic on CAF, she has posted hers too. A very ah.... nsfw Thor)

Edited by SiegeLoki

Those Ribic pieces are incredible. So it seems like he works pretty quickly. That is absolutely astounding to see how quickly he can put out multiple pieces like that. He is in my top 5 favorite artists, and I love looking at all of the details and the way he uses color. Thank you for sharing!

Well, I'm obviously new to this site as it's hard to not notice my join date, but I've been loving everything the site has to offer. I don't know how I got through my workdays before this! Anyway, here are a few of my pieces. The detailed Hulk is a piece by Josh Medors and the old school one is by Herb Trimpe. The Batman and Zombie FF is by Al Rio. And a little Harley for the fire she's on right now! I wish I had a scanner that could scan these as the details are so awesome. My poopie camera pics will have to do for now.

DSC01562.jpg

DSC01563.jpg

DSC01559.jpg

DSC01561.jpg

DSC01560.jpg

That's a great Josh Medors Hulk piece. That and a Daredevil commission someone posted were the reasons I got into his art. If you're ever interested in selling, please send me a PM. Thanks for posting!

This is one I've been wanting for a long time: Karate Kid vs. Nemesis Kid by Steve Lightle

If you're not a Legion of Super-Heroes fan, then you may not get the significance of this piece, so I talk about it quite a bit in the description.

Lightle is awesome. Always loved his stuff.

That's a great Josh Medors Hulk piece. That and a Daredevil commission someone posted were the reasons I got into his art. If you're ever interested in selling, please send me a PM. Thanks for posting!

Thanks Peter. I was pretty fortunate to get the Hulk piece direct from Josh before he passed. He was working on another commission for me, but it never got finished. :(

Shoot me an offer...You never know!

Edited by TheMightyMidget

Thanks Peter. I was pretty fortunate to get the Hulk piece direct from Josh before he passed. He was working on another commission for me, but it never got finished. :(

Shoot me an offer...You never know!

I've got a similar story. We last met up at the Cincinnati Comic Expo last year. I had dropped off 3 blank sketchcovers for him to do: Wolverine, Hawkeye, and the Hulk. He got started on the Wolverine piece and wanted to put more time into them and asked if he could take them home and mail them to me. I agreed. Unfortunately, he passed a few months later.

At Gem City Comic Con this last year, I met up with his wife and she gave me my two blanks back along with the unfinished Wolverine piece. She told me it was the "second to last piece of art he ever worked on". It was definitely a sad meeting. She had a stamp made of his signature and she stamped it for me. CGC got the dates wrong on it, but I don't really care. I really loved Josh's art and he's sorely missed. RIP.

Wolverine1-MedorsWolverine.jpg