• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official Commission Collecting Thread
15 15

2,863 posts in this topic

Sticking to the Game of Thrones theme, Scott West did this piece for me, my "Iron" Throne concept. It turned out so well, I had to see it as a cover, so Chris Ivy put it together.

WestMockCover.JPG

If you have a few minutes, feel free to follow the link to see the other pieces in the series so far, the original Mandarin, Dr. Doom, Fin Fang Foom and Kitty Pryde. Thanks!

The "Iron" Throne

Just had three CLASSIC style commissions done (water color) from Thomas Boatwright. He's an up-and-coming indie guy, but SO talented!

Here are two 8x11 paintings he did of Superman and Batman along with two water color sketch cards of Spider-Man / Peter Parker:

http://www.comicartfans.com/gallerynew.asp?GCat=23516

Here is a censored scan of my first & only commission piece I ever had made.

As a Golden Age comic collector, I had the idea of having Budd Root, a modern artist whom I feel is an amazing artist, recreate the cover to Action Comics #1.

This is the 1st commission I have ever asked any artist to do. I asked Budd to keep the composition the same as Action #1, but replace Superman with

Cavewoman (Meriem). Instead of a cape like superman has, have her hair flowing backwards. I felt a nude Meriem was best for this piece. I asked for

the green car to be smashing a T-Rex on the head instead of on the rocks like Action #1. Finally, I asked for velociraptors to be scattering on the cover

instead of humans. Well, I think Budd outdid himself and delivered an amazing piece. I asked for this piece in 2008 and it was delivered in 2011, a 3 year wait.

I am so glad Kevin & Budd came through with this piece for me. All the detail work Budd put into this piece really shows due to its 19"X24" size.

action1cencored.jpg

Here is a link to the RATED R version! :devil:

http://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=756458

^

wow Timely-that may be the most beautiful thing ive ever seen-is it framed? where do you have it displayed? congrats on having such a great piece

Thanks! I do not have it displayed. I'm always afraid of fading & I want it to last as long a possible. I take it out from time to time & look at it & enjoy it, then put it back.

No need to have it hanging on the walls 24/7.

I'm a bit late to the game, but here's a commission that I picked up from Chris Weston at the LSCC, depicting 'Elektro' from 'The Twelve' (apologies for the glare from the flash on my phone-cam. The piece is too big to scan on my flatbed scanner, so I took a pic of it in a Hot Flips poly folder) ..

2013-02-24183135_zps8f9ef01c.jpg

Esad Ribic 'Thor: God Of Thunder' ..

tumblr_miqpl4FRJW1r9tw8xo1_1280_zpseab5f755.jpg

Charlie Adlard 'Michonne' from 'The Walking Dead' ..

AdlardMichonne.jpg

Howard Chaykin 'The Thing' ..

ChaykinThing.jpg

Ian Churchill 'Red Hulk' ..

ChurchillRedHulk.jpg

Edited by Kenners

I was lucky to get on Ottley's commission list at Baltimore Comic Con this weekend. I'm loving my commission. :cloud9:

It looks F'N fantastic in person. There are more grey tones on Invincible and the clouds that aren't being picked up in the scan...

Invinciblefullscanjpeg_zps8ed278d8.jpg

Here are my other 2 pickups from Baltimore.

I'm a huge fan of the PC video game Left 4 Dead. These both feature the main characters from the game.

This 1st one is a sketch, but it's on an 11 by 17 page. I really like this one. By Dennis Budd.

L4DBuddjpeg_zpsbb9e04b2.jpg

Here is the other Left 4 Dead commission.

Damon Bowie did the pencils and inks, and then Scott Blair did the colors. I'm really happy with this commission as well.

L4Dcolorfullscanjpeg_zps80405372.jpg