• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official Commission Collecting Thread
15 15

2,863 posts in this topic

Just had a chance to finally post this to my CAF

Tony Moore Cover Quality Commission.

http://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=1038810

Big Trouble in Little China fans, Rejoice!

Couple of commissions I had done at the recent Space City Con in Houston:

- Chad Townsend

P1000881_zps197c9d98.jpg

P1000882_zps3525c72c.jpg

- Chris "OZ" Fulton

ad1e5159-a6a1-4068-8277-d4e009affb95_zps78f3bc6a.jpg

- Jamie Kinosian

P1000883_zps4aab3822.jpg

Not exactly comic related, but still an awesome piece:

- Ink(Damon Bowie) Water color(Kealy Racca)

P1000886_zps76b84b0f.jpg

Couple nice sketch covers:

Batman(Art Thibert),

Wasp(Artist with Overground Comics. I feel terrible I forgot her name )

Phoenix(Vo Nguyen)

Thor(Champion)

P1000879_zps82d7dd39.jpg

Bill Galvan had recently made some imaginary golden age covers for his own amusement so when I asked him the rhetorical question "If the original Black Canary had gotten her own comic book, what would the cover of the first issue look like?" he immediately went to work with great enthusiasm.

A rough pencil sketch reached med a day and a half later, and I urged him to go along with it (but lose the black mask which by this time, the early fifties, was long gone).

Bill then finished the pencils. He proceeded to ink it and add the logotype, price and date to make it look authentic. And as the frosting of the cake added the bright colors typical of the time period together with some "aging" to make the illusion of an actual comic book complete. To say that I am absolutely delighted with the result is a monumental understatement. (Now if I only could read the comics within...)

Black_Canary_01_sm.jpg

(The image is linked to my CAF gallery.)

Another fine example of Bills retro work can be seen on page 224 (the last page before the inside of the back cover) in this years SDCC souvenir book (a celebration of 75 years of Superman).

EDIT: I might add that those planning to attend Salt Lake Comic Con next month will have a chance to meet Bill, who will be there as a special guest Thursday & Friday, and have a look at his artwork up close.

Edited by Caltex98

So whats the policy on truly NSFW commissions? Linking?

Because Esad painted a second one for me. But it shows a bit more than the first. Bit might be the operative word here.

NSFW Loki commission by Esad Ribic

This wasn't actually my idea. The first one was. THIS one was a surprise that he painted on his own, but not an unwelcome one. Since I bought it.

tumblr_mr89n7yhoa1qbr00oo1_500.jpg

:applause:

I need to get a another Loki from Ribic. I find his stuff 80% hit 20% miss. The one i got was kind of a miss, so I am just waiting for the right one to pop up on the secondary market.

So whats the policy on truly NSFW commissions? Linking?

Because Esad painted a second one for me. But it shows a bit more than the first. Bit might be the operative word here.

NSFW Loki commission by Esad Ribic

This wasn't actually my idea. The first one was. THIS one was a surprise that he painted on his own, but not an unwelcome one. Since I bought it.

I had no idea nsfw means. I do now and can never unsee it! :cry: