• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official Commission Collecting Thread
15 15

2,863 posts in this topic

My first "big" commission. Had it done by Joshua Flowers at the Dallas Comic Con. Finally finished and super stoked to get this in hand.

WOW! Gorgeous! How big is it?

It was done on a Fantastic Four #1 blank, front and back. When I originally commissioned this piece, I was not expecting to get this level of detail and ink. Sadly, I wont have this book in hand till October and only for a few moments as it gets handed to CGC for grading. Worth it though.

Roger Langridge was taking commissions for any Big Two characters, with proceeds to be donated to the Heroes Initiative after his criticism of their treatment of some creators.

Naturally, I told Roger to surprise me, and I got this pretty spiffy sketch, all while helping out some creators. Not a bad deal all around.

9323464152_00a373db49_b.jpg

This is my first post on the boards and this also happens to be the first piece I officially commissioned. This is Katniss Everdeen from The Hunger Games by Dawn McTeigue. A more detailed background on this is available on my CAF. Hope you enjoy!

Katniss%20final_LOW.jpg

View my CAF page here.

Beautiful commission. I read the description in your CAF. I like the nod to different pieces of clothing from the movie.

I have never seen Dawn McTeigue's work until now. She is now on my list of artists that I want to commission.

Haven't received this one in the mail yet, but once I saw it, couldn't wait to share. Posted it to CAF about a week ago, figured I'd post it in here. My latest commission - Valkyrie & the Lady Sif in "The Contest" by Valerio Schiti. I'm a huge fan of Valerio's recent work on the Journey Into Mystery comic starring Sif. The idea for this commission came to me right after I first contacted Valerio. The first arc of his JiM run was all about Sif trying to become an even better warrior than she already was to protect Asgard. This got me to thinking that Sif and Brunnhilde the Valkyrie were supposed to be the two most dangerous female warriors in all of Asgard. The next thing to pop into my mind was the scene from the LOTR movie trilogy where Gimli the dwarf and Legolas the elf have a friendly contest to see who can make the most kills. So, I wanted Valerio to depict something along those lines, showing both Sif and Valkyrie with their most recent kills. Sif has just killed a goblin and is rather pleased with herself, until she looks back at Valkyrie, who's all smug with her recent troll killing. The pleased look turns to a bit of a peeved look, and I can just picture Sif saying "That still only counts as one!" At any rate, absolutely love how this entire commission turned out.

They can be seen here:

http://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=1033696

Roger Langridge was taking commissions for any Big Two characters, with proceeds to be donated to the Heroes Initiative after his criticism of their treatment of some creators.

Naturally, I told Roger to surprise me, and I got this pretty spiffy sketch, all while helping out some creators. Not a bad deal all around.

9323464152_00a373db49_b.jpg

awesome!! Robin reminds me of Gene from Bob's Burgers. :)

awesome!! Robin reminds me of Gene from Bob's Burgers. :)

His Snarked, Popeye and Thor series were fantastic, and I love how Batman looks completely exasperated by insufficiently_thoughtful_person Robin.

That, and Roger's such a great dude.

This is my first 11x17 commission that I have ever done. It was done by Billy Tucci Saturday at Fandomfest in Louisville.

About halfway through working on it Billy said he liked it so much he wanted to make a print of it. There was a kinko's beside/in/below? the convention center and they got it done. Be on the look out to see if he makes it a print soon.

20130727_144808_zps27bd5ee7.jpg

20130727_195101_zps22953c3d.jpg

Sweet Black Cat by Billy Tucci - congrats! :)

Meanwhile, here are some new Shanna the She-Devil additions to my Shanna collection obtained at SDCC including:

Mark Brooks Shanna

IMG_0544_zpsb4745dbf.jpg

Stanley "Artgerm" Lau Shanna

IMG_0548_zpsa4cbf235.jpg

Franchesco Shanna

IMG_0547_zpsb88d0e30.jpg

Thanks for commenting on the Brooks Shanna :) I consider Mark's con sketch rates very reasonable but it's pretty tough picking something up from him because he is in high demand and he cherry-picks from his sketch list.

I missed out a couple of times before achieving success at SDCC :)