• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four Collecting Thread!
31 31

13,410 posts in this topic

Sorry to bomb the thread down… lol

but here’s my most recent acquisition, and I am awesomely happy with it (for now)… :cloud9:

5cchrXGh.jpg

It has been the very first story which got me enthralled in Lee/Kirby early FF goodness… For many it can be Dr. Doom, the Watcher, whatever – for me it was… Kurrgo! (followed as a close second by the Puppet master).

Kurrgo is Kool in my book as well! :headbang:

Nice copy!

I'd take any of Dan's FF leftover's, just awesome. FF#7 was the first SA FF I ever owned.

.... it was the other way around for me..... I relied on mail order and back in the mid 70's the one's that eluded me the longest were 7, 12, and 28 for some reason..... always out of stock.... GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Jimbo let's be clear I bought my copy when I was about 10 in 1978, I'm not as "vintage" a collector as perhaps you are. :baiting::grin: Interesting comment about this issue being out of stock as it has proven to be one of the tougher issues to find in high grade [mainly due to the deep blue back ground but maybe it just wasn't printed as much?]. Issue #12 is a no brainer, it must have been flying off he shelves back in the day. #28 has a pretty eye catching cover and the X-men cross over didn't hurt.

Jimbo let's be clear I bought my copy when I was about 10 in 1978, I'm not as "vintage" a collector as perhaps you are. :baiting::grin: Interesting comment about this issue being out of stock as it has proven to be one of the tougher issues to find in high grade [mainly due to the deep blue back ground but maybe it just wasn't printed as much?]. Issue #12 is a no brainer, it must have been flying off he shelves back in the day. #28 has a pretty eye catching cover and the X-men cross over didn't hurt.

..... I never got a 12 or a 28 back in my first collection....... and 28 was one of my favorites ( through reprints) ...... I still remember the first time I saw the partial splash where the Android ushers the Puppet Master into Mad Thinker's lair...... the bizarreness just blew me away...... I've only got a few FF's left in my collection, but 28 is one of them ( Edenwald :cloud9: ) ...... GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Glad to know there is some Kurrgo-love here… :D

Awesome copy, Tom!

Congrats, V! #7 was my first single-digit FF. I felt like an archeologist!

That amazing splash of the team descending thru that futuristic city-scape blew me away.

Wow, it was just the same for me. A hot august early afternoon, my parents and grandparents taking a nap, I was at my granparents home in the country and for the very first time reading early FFs (in italian, of course). I just loved that panel, and the classic "sense of wonder" atmosphere (which was pretty much rarified in the 1970s).

Hey again --

I love FF #7, not only because the story is so strange and wonderful but because it's one of those really tough books to find in beautiful shape. And I love the colors on the cover!

I sold Tom the nice 9.0 he posted because I thought I had a winner with one graded 9.2 with white pages. When I got the book, though, I thought it was a weak grade (and it ended up an 8.5 when I had to resubmit it due to water leakage in the outer well. Don't ask.) CGC blew it on that copy, big time.

Anyway, my hunt continues for a HG FF #7. Wish me luck...and luck to everyone in their collections as well.

Finally, here's the splash everyone's been talking about:

FF7splash_zpsa90dae05.jpg

AWESOME.

Dan

Hey again --

I love FF #7, not only because the story is so strange and wonderful but because it's one of those really tough books to find in beautiful shape. And I love the colors on the cover!

I sold Tom the nice 9.0 he posted because I thought I had a winner with one graded 9.2 with white pages. When I got the book, though, I thought it was a weak grade (and it ended up an 8.5 when I had to resubmit it due to water leakage in the outer well. Don't ask.) CGC blew it on that copy, big time.

Anyway, my hunt continues for a HG FF #7. Wish me luck...and luck to everyone in their collections as well.

Finally, here's the splash everyone's been talking about:

FF7splash_zpsa90dae05.jpg

AWESOME.

Dan

"Fantastic" Kirby Awesomeness! (worship)

Or is it Awesome Kirby "Fantasticness"! :headbang: