• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official Commission Collecting Thread
15 15

2,863 posts in this topic

My latest commission from Jeff Shultz (the idea was for him to mimic David Perry's pin-up photography):

B_V_dragstrip_girls.jpg

Probably a late July afternoon at a yet-to-be-defined New England dragstrip in the summer of 1966.

The artwork (in greater size), together with the preliminary sketch and pictures of the real dragster and the pages from the 1966 issues of Betty & Veronica where the girls wore the outfits originally, can be viewed at my comicartfans gallery.

My latest commission from Jeff Shultz (the idea was for him to mimic David Perry's pin-up photography):

B_V_dragstrip_girls.jpg

Probably a late July afternoon at a yet-to-be-defined New England dragstrip in the summer of 1966.

The artwork (in greater size), together with the preliminary sketch and pictures of the real dragster and the pages from the 1966 issues of Betty & Veronica where the girls wore the outfits originally, can be viewed at my comicartfans gallery.

That is just an awesome piece. (worship)

That is just an awesome piece. (worship)

Well, thank you! I'm quite pleased with it myself. :)

Here is another commission by Jeff. The idea this time was to paraphrase Mort Drucker's legendary poster art for the movie American Graffiti, but with Archie & the gang in the starring parts:

Archie_Graffiti_small_02.jpg

My friend Hedvig Haggman-Sund then added some color to it:

archie_graffiti_380.jpg

A better scan can be viewed in my CAF gallery.

According to Jeff, drawing all the characters (18 in all, if you count Hot Dog and Archie's 1916 Ford Model T) was quite tedious even though he thought it was a fun idea, and he said that he will probably never take on such a big task again. 15 months from inquiry until I was holding the artwork in my own hands... ;)

Buffy commission by Alfredo Reyes

First up I had the choice between two poses, I picked "A"

buffy_sketch_zps830da0b2.jpg

The finished pencil's on the left and digitally inked on the right

REYES-buffy-052013_zpsd39dc03c.jpg

Y: the last man commission from Pia Guerra (Due to be picked up at London film & comic con)

I asked Pia for a sketch of Yorrick, 355 & Dr Mann laying on the grass in the shape of a "Y"

comm_Y_zps93e7fe1e.jpg

I've shown these on other threads, but for completeness, I'll list them here, too.

First, Legion of Super-Heroes by Agnes Garbowska

Garbowska,%20Agnes%20-%20LSH-Legion%20vs.%20Fatal%20Five.jpg

Next, Molly Danger vs. Supergirl by Jamal Igle

Igle,%20Jamal%20-%20Molly%20Danger%20vs.%20Supergirl.jpg

Y: the last man commission from Pia Guerra (Due to be picked up at London film & comic con)

I asked Pia for a sketch of Yorrick, 355 & Dr Mann laying on the grass in the shape of a "Y"

comm_Y_zps93e7fe1e.jpg

Fantastic!

Hulk by Tim Sale - complete write up, WIP images, and video of Tim working on the piece at the links below

http://thejadegiant.wordpress.com/2013/06/26/tim-sale-hulk-commission-determination-pays-off-with-video-and-pictures/

http://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=1027112

Time%20Sale%20Hulk.png

Edited by JadeGiant

im a huge fan of the 5"x17" format. i contacted Katie Cook ahwile back and through discussions i was able to score a commission from her for pickup at a recent con. i had my piece down to either a Viltrumite war or a BTTF scene (twin pines, my favorite). i gave her the choice and didnt find out until i saw her at the show. love it.

katiecookbttf_zpsa2d31d00.jpg

also, set up this pre-con piece from Chris Uminga. knew that Giancarlo Esposito was gonna be at the same show and had Chris do this killer piece of Gus from my favorite scene in Breaking Bad. turned out awesome!

umingaespo_zpsdc9a7100.jpg

From Marvel, With Love: James Bond and Black Widow by Seth Frail

The great thing about working with Seth is that he provides roughs and studies as well, that are just very cool works of art themselves. You can see them with the piece on my CAF Gallery.

FrailBondWidow.JPG