• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official Commission Collecting Thread
15 15

2,863 posts in this topic

So a friend who uses Reddit suggested I post my Robins commission on Reddit this morning. I've never used Reddit but it didn't take long to figure it out and I found a category for Batman and posted the link. About two hours later and it's gotten over a 1000 views on ComicArtFans now. So while this is interesting to me in that it's getting hits, no one leaves a comment or anything so that kind of takes the fun away for me. Oh well, at least I tried it.

With thanks to artist Kyle Hotz for creating this piece and Nathan Evans for setting it all up I just posted a new Trophy Wall Commission.

The Leader's Trophy Wall

He really nailed the funky 70's style Leader in this piece.

My 2nd commission from Enrique Romero, it was inspired by a piece with Romero in his studio showing AXA some of the newspaper strips he draw of her. The piece is from 1st American Edition reprints of AXA (back in the 80s), which was my first exposure to the series. AXA originally appeared in the Sun and english newspaper.

This commission is an update with Romero a bit older still drawing AXA (she of course is timeless), she is flirting with him. Also includes Modesty Blaise, who doesn't look to thrilled with the attention Romero is getting from AXA. Romero did a

fantastic job. I asked him to do the pencils and inks on a separate piece of bristol. I was also lucky enough to buy the original I first saw in the

book. Enjoy.

Finished inks:

AXA_Modesty_Blaise_Romero_inked.jpg

Pencils:

Romero_Axa_Modesty_Blaise.jpg

With thanks to artist Kyle Hotz for creating this piece and Nathan Evans for setting it all up I just posted a new Trophy Wall Commission.

The Leader's Trophy Wall

He really nailed the funky 70's style Leader in this piece.

Chris - I've always wondered, do you ask for the specific trophy characters? Or do you let the artist decide?

Great piece!

I have not posted any recent Original Suicide Squad commissions of late - I hope you enjoy them!

This piece is by Neil Vokes and was inspired by the creature in my favorite Hammer film - THE ABOMINABLE SNOWMAN.

abominablesnowman-Squad5_sm.jpg

Can you id the semi-classic bronze age cover that inspired this piece?

Edited by AtlasFan

Here is a trio of recent commissions done by UK artist John Watson:

This one is based on an old Men's Adventure Magazine cover.

SuicideSquad5finished_JohnWatson.jpg

This one is based on Wood's Classic CAPTAIN SCIENCE #4 = with a classic 50's movie monster thrown in!

SuicideSquad_JohnWatson_4.jpg

And this one is also based on a classic Men's mag cover!

SuicideSquadJohnWatson.jpg

Edited by AtlasFan