• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four Collecting Thread!
31 31

13,410 posts in this topic

I'm thinking seriously about cracking the few FFs I have entombed. I don't see myself selling them anytime soon.

thats what i did with this book. I just couldn't resist. Besides im holding out hope it will recertify as a 7.5

FF5005.jpg

I'm thinking seriously about cracking the few FFs I have entombed. I don't see myself selling them anytime soon.

thats what i did with this book. I just couldn't resist. Besides im holding out hope it will recertify as a 7.5

FF5005.jpg

Are those before and after pictures? It looks as if you were a bit rough with it during the de-slabbing. :insane:

FF5005.jpg

Are those before and after pictures? It looks as if you were a bit rough with it during the de-slabbing. :insane:

lol- i did crack it open but the other copy is a restored midgrade - sorry i didn't make that perfectly clear. It's an old photo must have wanted to show off both copies for some reason. dont know why because the raw copy has both bottom and right edges trimmed! Well on the bright side I didn't get burnt on that book and dont have much in it unlike the 7.0 blue witch i paid a nice premium on cause it was so sharp looking.

Great looking FF 5's!

This is the last book I need for my 1-10 run.

I have 1,2,4,5 at present and will for sure buy 6 and 9.

I haven't read #3 in 20 years - worth buying?

I just want the keys and the better stories. I remember being not that impressed with 7,8,and 10 from a reading POV

Great looking FF 5's!

I just want the keys and the better stories. I remember being not that impressed with 7,8,and 10 from a reading POV

To me #3 is worth owning for the cover alone. its not the classic 1,2,4,and 5 are but it's still early FF goodness. 7 & 8 are definitely goofy. 10 is goofy too but i loved it. Great early doom appearance as he switches bodies with mister fantastic.

Great looking FF 5's!

To me #3 is worth owning for the cover alone. its not the classic 1,2,4,and 5 are but it's still early FF goodness. 7 & 8 are definitely goofy. 10 is goofy too but i loved it. Great early doom appearance as he switches bodies with mister fantastic.

And Stan and Jack are on the cover.

Great looking FF 5's!

Thank you :)

Thats exactly the kind of response i was hoping for

If you're looking for further reviews of Kirby's Fantastic Four, I can recommend "The Wonder Years" unreservedly. I absolutely loved it, and agreed with it (for the most part).

If I were just looking for the real high points, as opposed to the full run, that would be my first resource.

Yeah, I saw that, too...unbelievable. It'll be Brulato against the mysterious foreign investors...or someone else with equally deep pockets.

And it does seem to be a nice 9.8 from what I can tell. Bright, too, although that could be the scan.

Dan

You get credit from me!

I don't think I'm capable of seeing a single-digit FF as anything but awesome.

....one of my favorites....I've owned as many as 3 copies at the same time. Right now I've just got a 6.5....but it's autographed by Kirby :cloud9: GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u