• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four Collecting Thread!
31 31

13,410 posts in this topic

Good thing your copy didn't grade as an 8.5 -- according to cpg.com, most of the mid-grade RAW copies of #52 are worth MORE than the slabbed ones. Huh? Can that be right? Check out their prices for #48 as well -- raw value is greater than graded?

The Fantastic Four is the only run that I'm buying back issues on, I want the whole thing (eventually...). Nothing compared to some of the people posting in here and I have nothing before 51 (just picked up a lower grade 51 and a nice looking 55, 58 and a 59 with the coupon cut out of it got tossed in with the 51 purchase).

Right now I'm wanting to complete 51-60 (need 52-54; 56 and 60) since I think the stories in that 10 issue set are, well, fantastic (sigh). 48-50 are ones I keep my eyes open for but just haven't been able to justify the $$. Though I did drop most of my pull file to help fund this quest (old FF >>>> Moderns). Almost finished 200-300 as well.

Fantastic Four is the only long-time title on which I'm current, so of course I think you've chosen well.

The issues you're persuing are from the best run of comics ever (IMHO).

I think a lot of us remember how great it was putting those books together. Enjoy the quest!

Fantastic Four is the only long-time title on which I'm current, so of course I think you've chosen well.

The issues you're persuing are from the best run of comics ever (IMHO).

I think a lot of us remember how great it was putting those books together. Enjoy the quest!

It's gonna be a ride :)

SKMBT_C25312102515230_0002-1.jpgSKMBT_C25312102515230_0003-1.jpgSKMBT_C25312102515230_0001-1.jpgSKMBT_C25312102515230_0004-1.jpg

Sorry for the double post but I just got them scanned and they look sweet next to my #1,2,and 25 now to find a nice 12. I think that is the next book on the list or maybe a #3. Whichever I am able to hunt down 1st...

This is going to look sweet sitting in a mylar.

FF13cgc92R.jpg

WOW.......My kind of book. Any chance you could PM with what that beauty cost ? Slight (P) :cloud9: GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

I'm thinking seriously about cracking the few FFs I have entombed. I don't see myself selling them anytime soon.

....if it's 8.0 or less, it probably won't hurt it any. My 13 and 28 are the only two left that I have slabbed.......GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u