• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four Collecting Thread!
31 31

13,410 posts in this topic

*curtsys*

Right back at ya! How are you progressing so far? For me I've got #47 to 100 locked down already, so most of what I need is before and after that. Once I snag 40, 45 and 46 I'll have from #38 to 100 done, so those three are next on my radar.

Of what's left, my favorite covers are #10, 15, 16, 17, 25 and 35...but it'll be a while before I get them. I'm also working on a Tales of Suspense run from 1-100 (when it switches to Cap).

Peace,

Chip

How are you progressing so far?

Haven't been at it long, so I'm far behind you. I do have the 48, 49, 50, and 55 (my favorite), and have 72 plus 74-77 en route from a Boardie. A few other scatttered nice issues like 6, 10, 14, 24, 25, 27, and so on... so working on it.

A sweet presenting FF 13 with great PQ and at the right price is going to be a real challenge for me, I know.

How are you progressing so far?

Haven't been at it long, so I'm far behind you. I do have the 48, 49, 50, and 55 (my favorite), and have 72 plus 74-77 en route from a Boardie. A few other scatttered nice issues like 6, 10, 14, 24, 25, 27, and so on... so working on it.

A sweet presenting FF 13 with great PQ and at the right price is going to be a real challenge for me, I know.

I'm scattered from 13-30 and solid after 30 up to 104. Been working on the early run for a few years and now starting to get into the really expensive ones. Probably another 5-7 years before I'm solid from 1-100.

May go after a few between 1 and 5 this year at SDCC. Working on my 'war chest' now. :)

Good luck with the heavy hitters, Trev.

I was scanning a few things tonight and figured I'd throw this in the pile...this is my best-condition early FF. Doctor Doom is a favorite of mine, so I'm trying to get his early appearances in better shape.

ff23.jpg

Peace,

Chip

A common later issue, but I do like this one:

FF86.jpg

That is a big issue among my circle. In it, Dr Doom speaks our favorite line of his ever. Looking upon the wreakage caused by his android army, he says, "Mute testimony to my awesome genius!"

Took this pic for my Facebook page and wanted to share it here. I love the Fantastic Four...they got me into comics 30 years ago and they continue to drive my collecting today.

ff.jpg

Peace,

Chip

Awesome comics, I'm guessing you're a Silver Surfer fan.

I love silver age Silver Surfer and am looking to get issues of all his early FF apprearences, along with all 18 issues of his solo comic.

Is there a Silver Surfer collecting thread on this forum, I couldn't find one?

Edited by Bodhi396