• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Display your Spider-Man CGC SS Books & Sketches
10 10

1,369 posts in this topic

This first piece isn't a book, but this seemed an appropriate place to show it off. This is the Spidey poster from the Coca-Cola series that had several Marvel origin posters (I also know of the FF and Hulk). Alex Saviuk did the pencils, and since he and Stan Lee were both going to be at WW New Orleans I dragged my copy of the poster along. I really like how it turned out.

SpideyPoster.jpg

I also started an ASM #648 jam book as my first attempt at a sketch cover. I would really like to put together a couple of these with a nice group of representations by various artists that have worked on the character. Saviuk was the first sketch and then I had Panosian add one. I really like how they turned out and will be looking forward to adding more at subsequent shows. The book is currently at CGC.

ASM648.jpg

Picked these up in New Orleans. Not sketch covers but they are spidey related:

The colors don't show up very well in this scan. It looks much better in person:

Mike McKone

McKone01312012_00000.jpg

Barry Kitson

Kitson01312012_00000.jpg

McKone

McKone01312012_00001.jpg

Awesome stuff, John! Kitson and McKone are not only great artists, but all-around great guys, too! Congrats on the new pickups!

Just got these two back yesterday, thanks to Andrew (GACollectibles) for his help on these! The CGC label is incorrect as Pollard signed them in October of 2011 at the Detroit show and then Wolfman signed them at WW Austin in November. The #195 was originally raw (and I'm very pleased with the grade), while the #200 was cracked out of a 9.6 slab so no surprises there.

ASM195CGCss.jpg

ASM200CGCss.jpg

Looks like it is up to me to :bump: this fine thread again. Just got back three books that NYComics facilitated for me at Baltimore last year. The #189 is the lone 9.8 SS copy, the #274 is one of only 3 9.8 SS (and I wonder if the other 2 are double signed like this one), the #297 is the lone 9.6 behind only one 9.8.

ASM189CGCss.jpg

ASM274CGCss.jpg

ASM297CGCss.jpg

Looks like it is up to me to :bump: this fine thread again. Just got back three books that NYComics facilitated for me at Baltimore last year. The #189 is the lone 9.8 SS copy, the #274 is one of only 3 9.8 SS (and I wonder if the other 2 are double signed like this one), the #297 is the lone 9.6 behind only one 9.8.

ASM189CGCss.jpg

ASM274CGCss.jpg

ASM297CGCss.jpg

Kinda broke right now as on break from collecting but if you ever wanna release the 274 keep me in mind as there's probably not a better SS ASM201 thru 300 collection that it would go with my friend!!!! ;<)

PS..... Beauty books all that you have posted!

Rich

Had to dig to page 5 to find this thread, time for a bumb :bump:

I was trying to come up with a cool, out of the box idea for a sketch and I figured Spidey can't be battling his arch enemies and saving people all the time! So our friendly neighborhood wall crawler after a long day of crime fighting finally has a chance to take 5. He’s chilling on a gargoyle of the Chrysler Building eating a slice of pepperoni pizza looking at the Empire State Building

bathilliardmarkstegbaue.jpg

Continuing the theme :)

Spidey catching a quick break at noon with a BLT Subway, chips and coke (I mean the beverage). They say eating on the run isn't healthy, wonder what the dietician would say about eating up side down (:

Brian Hurt did a great job exceeding my expectations, I got to admit this piece ranks top 5 in my collection right now :)

brianhurtt001.jpg

Just got my box back from WW New Orleans, and aside from one minor glitch the books turned out great!

Here is my ASM #296 signed by Saviuk, cracked out of a 9.6 holder it came back as the first 9.8 SS for this issue so I was pretty excited. I was less excited when it came back with the label for my #297...

ASM296CGCss.jpg

My ASM #297 was cracked out of a 9.8 holder that I thought was shaky to begin with, but I gave it a shot. It came back 9.6 signed by Saviuk, which I thought was a more appropriate grade anyway. Will eventually be swapped into the correct label too.

ASM297CGCss2.jpg

I had my OO copy of ASM #375 signed by Panosian and Witterstaetter and was very happy that it came back a 9.8. Panosian pencilled a backup story (he told me it was his first pro work) and Witterstaetter colored a couple of the stories. I like getting a diversity of signatures for my ASM SS collection, so I was happy to add two atypical signatures I didn't have.

ASM375CGCss.jpg

Last, but not least, the start of my #648 jam cover. I had Saviuk and Panosian start it, and sooner or later I'll get it cracked to finish it out with two more head sketches. Don't know why the scan is so dark.

ASM648CGCss.jpg