• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four Collecting Thread!
31 31

13,410 posts in this topic

Another book from the 51-60 run, this one from Ebay. Actually a very tough book in 9.6...I wouldn't normally have gone after a comic with a cover date stamp, but I was sure I'd have a hard time finding one with this page quality and centering again. Getting it under GPA was also a welcome outcome.

Here's Klaw in issue #56:

FF56.jpg

My favorite book you posted is the 11, followed by the 18....But this book is simply the most exceptional in terms of having "the IT factor" ! :cloud9:

The only CGC book I own :) Took me forever to find it at a "decent" price.

100_0126.jpg

That's a real beauty..... :cloud9:

One of my favorite books period. Congrats!!!

The centering on this one Kevin is awesome !!...

OMG! :o

100_0126.jpg

That's a real beauty..... :cloud9:

One of my favorite books period. Congrats!!!

The centering on this one Kevin is awesome !!...

OMG! :o

+1

That is so nice. Thanks for posting it!

Kevin --

Your loving brother :insane: told me about your search for that book...and the purchase. The pic is spectacular...what a great book to have as your only CGC comic.

See you soon, I hope --

Dan

Today's arrival - this is a nice upgrade from my 6.0:

FF40CGC80.jpg

I love 8.0's and 8.5's......look fabulous for a fraction of the 9 pluses. Real nice book you have there. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

100_0126.jpg

(worship)(worship)(worship)

......it would take forever to find that book at any price....WOW. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

I've always considered FF#4 to be the second most important of the title. I'd take a 4 before a 2 or a 5.

I agree with you on this. (thumbs u

It is the 2nd most important book in the title. I think it's in the top 5 of ALL SA Marvel books period. I remember getting into a discussion here on the Boards comparing FF #4 to AV #4, and I picked FF #4 over AV #4. Some Board members didn't like this. lol

There are reasons why it trumps AV #4, namely because without this book, I don't think Captain America would have even been revived. It is way more important to the Marvel Universe than giving credit for IMHO. hm

I've always considered FF#4 to be the second most important of the title. I'd take a 4 before a 2 or a 5.

It is the 2nd most important book in the title. I think it's in the top 5 of ALL SA Marvel books period. I remember getting into a discussion here on the Boards comparing FF #4 to AV #4, and I picked FF #4 over AV #4. Some Board members didn't like this. lol

There are reasons why it trumps AV #4, namely because without this book, I don't think Captain America would have even been revived. It is way more important to the Marvel Universe than giving credit for IMHO. hm

Well stated! :headbang:

FF5 trumps it by a mile--Sub-Mariner is a B-list or C-list character, Doom is an A-list villain and even transcended the Marvel universe by serving as a major part of the inspiration for George Lucas's design of Darth Vader.