• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four Collecting Thread!
31 31

13,410 posts in this topic

OK, fabulous friends of the fearsome FF --

I have some nice additions to my effort to put together 1-200 in high grade, but in order to not create those annoying *huge* posts I will post them one at a time with a few words about the book. I'll work from the Bronze Age back to the Silver, and apologize if you've seen these posted before!

Here's the first one -- a ComicConnect win of a wonderful Doom cover. Great color and gloss on this #156:

FF156.jpg

This one isn't from Mike, actually -- I think I got it on Comiclink this past fall.

Who can keep track of these things? :makepoint:

Great color strike on this #126 (and sorry about the scanner glare):

FF126.jpg

This next book proves that one can -- once in a blue moon, perhaps -- get a good deal from Metro. For some reason, I think just an administrative error, they had this beautiful Suscha News copy listed on their website for $95. GPA is about $130, so I was delighted to pick it up for a very nice price.

Thanks, Metro, for a gorgeous #119:

FF119.jpg

Now we jump from the Bronze Age all the way to the late Silver Age. I picked up this book, one of my two Curators, from the Heritage auction last month.

Although a pretty easy book in 9.8, I'm hoping this copy will have all the color and gloss of the Curators...don't have it in hand yet, but am looking forward to it! Here's the #59:

FF59.jpg

Another book from the 51-60 run, this one from Ebay. Actually a very tough book in 9.6...I wouldn't normally have gone after a comic with a cover date stamp, but I was sure I'd have a hard time finding one with this page quality and centering again. Getting it under GPA was also a welcome outcome.

Here's Klaw in issue #56:

FF56.jpg

Moving back a little further, I bought this on Comiclink just the other night...didn't actually mean to win it -- just a bump bid -- but somehow it stuck.

This book may also prove to Tom that I'm not a total white-paged snob? :applause: Maybe, maybe not. D'oh!

Here's the Northland #33:

FF33.jpg

I picked this up recently from Bob Storms, but I strongly suspect it was a board member's consignment...does anyone recognize it?

The book has a wonderfully white cover and perfect centering...delighted to pick it up for what I felt was a reasonable price.

Gotta love this early crossover in #28:

FF28.jpg

This next book came from an earlier Comiclink auction, and again I was surprised it didn't go higher. I think this book presents so well for the grade...so well, in fact, that I'm sending it in for a straight resubmit. I will let you know what happens... hm

Some of you have seen this before, but here's my new #18:

FF18.jpg

The penultimate "new" book from the past five months (that I'll be paying off until May, mind you), and one of the hardest FF's in high grade. I have always been a huge fan of this issue and I was so happy to win it from the Heritage Auction.

Our friend Impy in #11:

FF11.jpg

All right...last one! Thanks so much for looking at these.

I saw this one on the Comiclink auction the other night and put in a solid bid that I figured wouldn't hold up...but again, it just made the cut. I'm delighted to bring in this one because it looks awfully bright.

And it allows me to sell my undercopy -- along with a few others -- to help pay for all this stuff! (Anyone know how to join FFA...Fantastic Four Anonymous? :facepalm:).

First Super-Villain team-up in #6:

FF06b.jpg

So that's it for me for a while...too much money out the door. Hope you enjoyed the new additions...and thanks for posting all your great FF's in this thread. Love 'em.

Dan

ps will have a sales thread up later this month!

Another book from the 51-60 run, this one from Ebay. Actually a very tough book in 9.6...I wouldn't normally have gone after a comic with a cover date stamp, but I was sure I'd have a hard time finding one with this page quality and centering again. Getting it under GPA was also a welcome outcome.

FF56.jpg

Exceptional copy of an ish that is nearly always mis-wrapped. :applause:

FF56.jpg

Exceptional copy of an ish that is nearly always mis-wrapped. :applause:

+1 This is an exceptional copy. Also, a nicely placed date stamp, as oppossed to hand written, for me adds appeal. This book should be a keeper. Congrats.

The penultimate "new" book from the past five months (that I'll be paying off until May, mind you), and one of the hardest FF's in high grade. I have always been a huge fan of this issue and I was so happy to win it from the Heritage Auction.

Our friend Impy in #11:

FF11.jpg

All of those FF additions are amazing! Congrats!

FF #11 is one of my favorites of the run and that is one stunning copy.