• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four Collecting Thread!
31 31

13,410 posts in this topic

I was just sharing that my husband found a Fantastic Four, 1961, Vol 1 in a box in our home. He's beyond thrilled.

how does someone "find" an FF #1 in a box in your home. did the previous tenants leave it behind? i'd say this sounds like BS but the guy who gave me the bulk of his collection last year said he had an FF #1 but didn't know where he had stored it- so strange things do happen.

No, it's not BS. We've lived in the same home for almost 34 years. It was put in a box when we moved there and it's just stayed in that box. The other night while watching a "picking" I think was the name of the TV show, the topic was comic books. My husband commented that he had a comic book similiar to that one in a box stored in the closet. Sure enough, it was a Fantastic Four, 1961, First Edition. It was the only comic that he had kept from when he was a kid (He was born in 1949). My Barbie dolls are in another closet, still in the boxes they came in. We were never blessed with children, so these things have just been stored.

No, it's not BS. We've lived in the same home for almost 34 years. It was put in a box when we moved there and it's just stayed in that box. The other night while watching a "picking" I think was the name of the TV show, the topic was comic books. My husband commented that he had a comic book similiar to that one in a box stored in the closet. Sure enough, it was a Fantastic Four, 1961, First Edition. It was the only comic that he had kept from when he was a kid (He was born in 1949). My Barbie dolls are in another closet, still in the boxes they came in. We were never blessed with children, so these things have just been stored.

Someone owes someone an apology. (tsk)

You might have been watching "American Pickers". The "Pawn Stars" show featured a Spiderman comic book last week. (thumbs u

Ok, I'm not sure which show he was watching. I was buried in the computer as usual. I'm not a big tv buff, however I may have to start watching it now. Perhaps we have other "finds" in our home that we are not aware! How wonderful would that be???

Ok, I'm not sure which show he was watching. I was buried in the computer as usual. I'm not a big tv buff, however I may have to start watching it now. Perhaps we have other "finds" in our home that we are not aware! How wonderful would that be???

Another visit to the closet in question might be in order. :gossip:

I know my comic books survived 10-12 years in the attic of my parents home, then another 15 years in a box in my basement before I "discovered" them again. Alas I had no real gems, however. :pullhair:

Edited by frozentundraguy

Still haven't figured out the code thing that someone recommended...so I just printed out the excel sheets and scanned them...here are more readily readable Most Difficult In High Grade/CGC Spreadsheets...FF 1-50 and then FF 1-102...

FF_1-50.jpg

FF_1-102_A.jpg

FF_1-102_B.jpg

SCAN0124.jpg

Figured I would share some in here. My Dad collected FF's in college, and passed them on to me. We have probably around 80 of the first 100. I still need to scan a lot of the covers still for them.

Nice looking book & welcome to the boards. Eighty out of the first 100 is an awesome number. :sumo::headbang: