• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four Collecting Thread!
31 31

13,410 posts in this topic

Hey Tom --

I saw that book...looks pretty nice. Probably between 30-40k for that one; some folks might not bid it up since Doug has a way of polarizing bidders. Maybe he'll win it himself? :whistle:

Beautiful book!

Dan

ps am looking for a nice 8.5/9.0 copy of #3 myself!

Hey Tom --

I saw that book...looks pretty nice. Probably between 30-40k for that one; some folks might not bid it up since Doug has a way of polarizing bidders. Maybe he'll win it himself? :whistle:

Beautiful book!

Dan

ps am looking for a nice 8.5/9.0 copy of #3 myself!

Hey Dan :hi: Good point on the fact that some bidders will shy away...I'll keep my eye out for a #3 for you...rare as hen's teeth... :insane:

Edited by trmoore54

WOW...can't believe the FF thread had slipped to page 4... :o

Anyhow...wonder what the only FF 3 in CGC 9.4 will fetch in the upcoming Pedigree Grand Auction...last 9.2 sold for $18K...think this one will hit $50K??

FF 3 CGC 9.4 OWW!

That top chip would bother me. I use to think this issue was "rare" but there sure has been a lot of high grade copies come up for the sale the last year or so, same goes for issue #2.

WOW...can't believe the FF thread had slipped to page 4... :o

Anyhow...wonder what the only FF 3 in CGC 9.4 will fetch in the upcoming Pedigree Grand Auction...last 9.2 sold for $18K...think this one will hit $50K??

FF 3 CGC 9.4 OWW!

That top chip would bother me. I use to think this issue was "rare" but there sure has been a lot of high grade copies come up for the sale the last year or so, same goes for issue #2.

Numbers and data please... :baiting:

I don't think anything from the '60's is truly rare in HG, at least as far as SA Marvel superhero books go.

That said, I recently updated my "scarcity list" on FF 1-55 and here are the top 10 "scarcest" issues with the total number of 9.0 or above copies certified as of this month:

#1 -- 8 total copies at 9.0+ certified

#3 -- 15 copies

#11 -- 20

#7 -- 22

#8 -- 22

#6 -- 25

#18 -- 25

#5 -- 26

#17 -- 27

#2 -- 31

#13 -- 31

All these are still pretty hard to find in HG, but some classically "rare" issues like #13 and #2 are starting to show up in bigger numbers. Some of the data may be a bit skewed, I suppose, by people trying resubmissions without sending in the labels, so maybe subtract 10-20% of the total here, but on the whole a solid indicator of relative scarcity.

#3 is still a tough book, though.

Dan

I must have been a good boy this year. Postman brought these yesterday:

Fantastic Four #82 CGC 9.2 - picked this up from rube11 (Steve)

FF82CGC92.jpg

Fantastic Four #74 CGC 8.5 - picked this up from rube11 (Steve)

FF74CGC85.jpg

Fantastic Four #19 CGC 8.0 - picked this up from rube11 (Steve)

This was a nice upgrade from my 7.0

FF19CGC80.jpg

Fantastic Four #4 CGC 3.5 SS Signed by Stan Lee - picked this up from MLMeade (Michael) - An awesome book

FF4CGC35SS.jpg