• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four Collecting Thread!
31 31

13,410 posts in this topic

Recent Additions to my FF Collection:

Fantastic Four #5 CGC 4.0 :headbang:

Picked this up from Tom aka trmoore54

FF5CGC40.jpg

Fantastic Four #12 CGC 2.5

Picked this up from Mike aka Shark :applause:

FF12CGC25.jpg

Fantastic Four #33 CGC 8.0

Picked this up from Mark aka tortoise (thumbs u

FF33CGC80.jpg

Edited by LoneTree

More FF goodness arrived today - thanks to Chandler and Sharon aka Desert Wind Comics!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fantastic Four #16 CGC SS 7.0 Signed by Stan Lee

Picked this up on the boards raw from Mark aka tortoise as F-

Second highest CGC SS on the census

FF16CGC70SS.jpg

Fantastic Four #17 CGC SS 7.5 Signed by Stan Lee

Picked this up on the boards raw from Heath aka SnakeEyes as F+

Highest CGC SS on the census

FF19CCG75SS.jpg

and the disappointment :flamed:

Fantastic Four #48 CGC SS 6.0 Apparent Signed by Stan Lee

Picked this up on eBay

It will be for sale so if anyone is interested shoot me a PM

FF48CGC60R.jpg

Lone Tree's collection gives me wood! That's a really nice 2.5 #12, BTW.

......EASY, now.....you'll end up with a retirement baby at that rate :baiting: GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Ok guys heres my first fantastic four 1, Its POOR but for 350.00, you can't beat it. (thumbs u

O.K. here's a question though. How do you protect something like this. You obviously cannot get it into a mylite. So do you try and get it into magazine size bag, or what.

DR.X

Ok guys heres my first fantastic four 1, Its POOR but for 350.00, you can't beat it. (thumbs u

O.K. here's a question though. How do you protect something like this. You obviously cannot get it into a mylite. So do you try and get it into magazine size bag, or what.

DR.X

I do not think that this book needs protection. It simply can not be ruined more than the current :gossip:

This is joke of course. Great acquicition (thumbs u

Here is my copy of FF #1. As you can see, it's the Golden Record reprint, which I as a kid, added the number 1, and the 10 cent price tag. Some background. My Father read war comics, and had bought comics during the "Golden Age". His favorite character was the Sub-Mariner.

I read some of his Star Spangled War Stories during the early 60's, but one day he brought home FF #4, because of the Subby appearance. I was hooked on Marvel thereafter. Lacking #'s 1-3, and because I lived in a remote area on an island off the coast of CT, I had no comic shops/back issues. In late 1965, I found the Golden Record set in a local Woolworth's, and bought it. Realizing it was different in appearance, I made the "necessary" modifications. ;) I have never felt the need to replace it, with the original. I'll tell the tale(s) of the Lee & Kirby sigs, on another occasion.

Ff1.jpg