• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official Commission Collecting Thread
15 15

2,863 posts in this topic

New One Minute Later --

Chad Hardin is doing the work for Stan Lee's Traveler and I think he did a great job on this One Minute Later of Avengers #22 -- he actually thought about what kind of spell the Enchantress might be casting. Take a look -- I think Chad is great and Stan clearly has an eye for talent! Chad is repped by Scott Kress, a great guy, and you can see his work here: www.catskillcomics.com and you can commission Chad through Scott by emailing Scott at coymn@hvc.rr.com

Please leave comments on CAF

Avengers 22 One Minute Later

113704.jpg.b0c62e0a308defb73dd3c6503541f2e4.jpg

Apparently this a weekend for getting commissions because now I've been e-mailed a second one of The Legion of Substitute Heroes by Nate Snareser. Nate is a fantastic artist who I'm surprised one of the big two haven't snatched up yet and put on a book. He drew the entire 80's lineup for this one, and really knocked it out of the park, in my opinion.

Hello,

I'm new on commissions. In fact I received my first commissioned art in February 2011, and I'm now addicted.

I call my collection "Earth 789" because it focuses on the Marvel universe as it was established in September 1978.

Here are the links to my CAF:

Dominic Fortune by Dan SPIEGLE

Captain Britain & Scarlet Witch vs Klaw, Batroc & the Grey Gargoyle by John BYRNE

Dr Doom vs Guardsman, Jack of Hearts & Madame Masque by Bob LAYTON

The Many Lives of Immortus by Frank BRUNNER

G-Men vs Commie Smasher by Alan KUPPERBERG

Killraven & Dejah Thoris by Rudy NEBRES

Mystery in Space (Captain Marvel vs the Space Phantom) by Brian & Brendon FRAIM

Enjoy. And don't hesitate to leave comments.

I'vae really slowed down my commission collecting, partly because some artists are a bit on the "sloooooow" side, and its pretty open what you end up getting. However, there are some who consistently knock it out of the park, such as Ed Benes. Here's his interpretation of my Katana character.

Ed Benes - Katana

Lionel, these are wonderful...please keep them coming..the Nebres and the JB are fantastic ideas....and the Kupperberg...and the Fraims....and the Bruneer...oh, I love all of them. Michael

Hello,

I'm new on commissions. In fact I received my first commissioned art in February 2011, and I'm now addicted.

I call my collection "Earth 789" because it focuses on the Marvel universe as it was established in September 1978.

Here are the links to my CAF:

Dominic Fortune by Dan SPIEGLE

Captain Britain & Scarlet Witch vs Klaw, Batroc & the Grey Gargoyle by John BYRNE

Dr Doom vs Guardsman, Jack of Hearts & Madame Masque by Bob LAYTON

The Many Lives of Immortus by Frank BRUNNER

G-Men vs Commie Smasher by Alan KUPPERBERG

Killraven & Dejah Thoris by Rudy NEBRES

Mystery in Space (Captain Marvel vs the Space Phantom) by Brian & Brendon FRAIM

Enjoy. And don't hesitate to leave comments.

That was apparently just a Photoshop color layout for the Onslaught piece, I will re-post it when its done.

This was done for me by Bien Flores: En Sabah Nur vs Magneto

20.jpg

I have wanted something from David Finch for the One Minute Later collection for years, going back to when I lived in the UK. I was thrilled to have won the Heritage Grand Prize for a free trip to SDCC as I was determined to at last get on David's list. I emailed with Meredith Finch before the show and I was the very first person in line on Thursday morning of SDCC.

I knew I wanted Captain America v. Baron Zemo but, they don't appear alone (as far as I could tell) on a single Marvel comics cover. What to do, what to do. Then it hit me -- Avengers #56 in which Captain America goes back in time and watches as Zemo sends Bucky to his death and Cap into frozen sleep. ONE MINUTE LATER, the time-traveling Cap would take a swing at Zemo before sadly fading away back to reality. Hope you like it!

With great thanks to Heritage, to Meredith and David and to my wife who said I should spend the money as a birthday gift ---

Finch OML on CAF

114173.jpg.05cb31e54207b81b34e41d7817dd6399.jpg

I picked this up over the weekend from Budd Root. I had asked for spidey and MJ. Budd came up with the first side and then he wanted to add the second one on the back. The sketch is larger than my scanner so each side had to be scanned in two parts.

John

BuddSpidey_MJpart1.jpg

BuddSpidey_MJpart2.jpg

That's a REALLY fun piece.

Did Budd do this AT the show, or did he bring it finished with him? I was there myself, but I was only able to stay for a couple of hours. I had two pieces to pick up also, but they were finished before the artists got to the show.

And while I'm at it I'll ask a question. I for some reason have it in my head that I want to get a recreation of the Boris Vallejo Barbarella movie poster. Anyone want to throw a couple of suggestions out there for artists? (Other than Boris Vallejo...I'm not Randy Moss so I don't have $10k straight cash homie :lol: )

And while I'm at it I'll ask a question. I for some reason have it in my head that I want to get a recreation of the Boris Vallejo Barbarella movie poster. Anyone want to throw a couple of suggestions out there for artists? (Other than Boris Vallejo...I'm not Randy Moss so I don't have $10k straight cash homie :lol: )

Painted?