• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official Commission Collecting Thread
15 15

2,863 posts in this topic

Anthony,

what wonderful pieces you have on your 3 themes. Really superb.

I do have a second theme -- other than One Minute Later -- and it is called Victory Parade and I do per year. My first one was the WW II Marvel/Timely characters celebrating the end of WW II. Last year's was the WW II DC characters celebrating the end of WW II. And, nearly finished is 2011's 30th Century Victory Parade which is the Legion of Super-Heroes and that one will probably be posted in the next few weeks. 2012 looks to be a return to WW II and the Quality and other heroes.

Michael

Anthony,

what wonderful pieces you have on your 3 themes. Really superb.

I do have a second theme -- other than One Minute Later -- and it is called Victory Parade and I do per year. My first one was the WW II Marvel/Timely characters celebrating the end of WW II. Last year's was the WW II DC characters celebrating the end of WW II. And, nearly finished is 2011's 30th Century Victory Parade which is the Legion of Super-Heroes and that one will probably be posted in the next few weeks. 2012 looks to be a return to WW II and the Quality and other heroes.

Michael

Will you be lumping the Fawcett's in with the Quality folks, or do they get their own?

I have 3 themes atm. My main is recreations of the classic x-men 143 wall poster cover. I have different artists do the characters they are famous for. It's kind of an offshoot of comix4fun great trophy wall setup. He does villains, I do heroes mainly.

My second theme are wanted posters which are recreations of Dreadstar #3. They are nice for when the funds are low as they are single figure with minimal background

My third theme are wanted/poster wall where the character is Alice (Mila Jovovich) from resident evil. Mainly there are umbrella academy posters in the background

to me themes are lots of fun.

I think you mean X-Men 141. :gossip:

yea you would think i would know what my theme is based on lol

Here is my latest Suicide Squad commission from Mr Neil Volkes!

SuicideSquadVokes_AlienAbduction.jpg

I like to create a little back story for each of my Suicide Squad commissions, so here goes...

This time, the Squad is driving back from a top secret late-night meeting at Cheyenne Mountain, when suddenly their radio goes all staticy (I think they were listening to Andy Williams)... Anyway, suddenly there is a bright flash of blinding white light!

The Squad recovers their faculties just in time to see being Karin abducted by a sinister alien. I believe they were able to zero in on Karin because of her special ESP-er powers!

This piece is actually inspired by an old Mark Merlin cover from House of Secrets and just about any episode from the TV series: PROJECT BLUE BOOK.

Edited by AtlasFan

The Fraim brother got it all inked up and it's on it's way. They are very quick , professional and keep you in the loop throughout the project. I can't wait to get it o my man cave wall. What to do next hm

WeirdScience9_recreation3.jpg

Nice! Moore never seems to disappoint.

Did you get this via one of his eBay auctions?

No I was picked from drawing he had each day. Mine was from Friday. I think he took on 4 each day.

Here is my Tony Moore commission from Heroe's.

tonymoorecomission.jpg

Sweet Tony Moore piece....I picked up his Heroes Auction piece.

I posted it on my CAF. I can't hot link the image.

So here's a regular Link Comic Geeks will Never Die I will get an image posted elsewhere soon.

The title is mine, not Tony's, but is seems appropriate. He added in a ton of funny little details on this one. At Double the size of his convention sketches I HAD to go after this one.

I posted it on my CAF. I can't hot link the image.

Terrific piece - classic fanboy zombie! What more could you want from a dead geek?

By the way, right click on the CAF image, choose Copy Image URL, switch to the boards, choose the Reply, click on "Switch to Full Reply Screen", click on the third icon from the left, paste to populate the URL field, hit return and you are done.

For example, see this:

Moore%20Dead%20Geek.jpg

Alternatively, you can use the "[", img, "]" and "[" "/img" ']" tags directly with the path in the middle.

Speed-D taught me this trick.

My most recent completed commission just arrived, another Micronauts / Star Wars movie poster mashup by VOLTRON artist CLINT HILINSKI for my 'Through a MICROscope' theme.

I knew Clint's tight mechanical line would be a perfect fit for a mashup of the classic Howard Chaykin 'Star Wars' ComicCon poster. Outstanding.

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=772327&GSub=104286

Clint is currently available for commission requests. I don't know if he has VOLTRON pages for sale, or any other published artwork, but it doesn't hurt to ask, he'd love to hear from people:

http://clinthilinski.deviantart.com/

http://www.clinthilinski.blogspot.com/

Andrew

2a99kqb.jpg

Commission of what would have been Valentino's GOTG #44 cover (based on his plot notes) if he hadn't left the book:

Pencils- Jim Valentino

Inks- Rick Veitch

Lettering- Thomas Mauer (with a big assist by LordZarak from the board)

At some point I'll get this colored (in a coloring style that harkens back to the early 90's)

It should be noted that all involved in the creation of the piece were very pleasant to deal with and actually really fast at what they do. Definitely a pleasure to do business with.

:o:applause: