• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official Commission Collecting Thread
15 15

2,863 posts in this topic

I'm sorry - rather new at the original art colelcting - what's a "one minute later"?

I gather it is a commission that reflects what the artist thinks was the next action for the cover, but it seems more technical than that...

Thats exactly what it is.

It is a specific theme by a collector. Some collectors ask for commissions of their favorite character, while "One Minute Later Man" asks artist to imagine what a cover would like 1 minute later.

Malvin

Here is the latest addition to my Suicide Squad gallery. The Squad is battling an ancient Hydra - cut off one head and two will take its place!

Wonderful work by Ms. Joëlle Jones!

1950ssuicidesquadvshydra.jpg

Here's a cover recreation I'm having done and it still needs to be inked :banana: This is being done by the Fraim brothers. I have a feeling I'm going to like it even better the my WWBN 32 cover they did for me

Weird_Science_9_Pencil.jpg

Here is the latest addition to my Suicide Squad gallery. The Squad is battling an ancient Hydra - cut off one head and two will take its place!

Wonderful work by Ms. Joëlle Jones!

1950ssuicidesquadvshydra.jpg

Most excellent! I love the two little heads coming up through the severed neck.

Hi, I'm Michael Finn and my theme is One Minute Later -- I know other folks do recreations or homages to covers but I stick to ONE MINUTE LATER -- I have over 100 OMLs and I try to post a new one every week or so (at the moment, I have 40 that are not yet online so I'm going to start doing 2 per week for a bit). Anyway, I hope you like my theme --- it is what I'm known by in the comic community -- and I would encourage you to think about your own unique theme for yourself -- focus on a character, a cover of some sort -- Aidan Lacey does Re-Legion where he has artists take covers but replace all the characters with Legion of Super-Heroes characters.

Michael

New One Minute Later - Vintage John Byrne with Joe Rubinstein

In 1992, Editions Deesse published a set of 6 X-Men plates by JB. This plate, he laid out, penciled (Banshee was pretty loose) and inked partially before deciding to do another scene. 20 years later, I purchased this unpublished piece and decided to transform it into a One Minute Later with help of Joe Rubinstein who finished the inking via blue line that John had started.

Hope you like it. Please leave comments on CAF:

X-Men #115 OML

112346.jpg.6279d3ac71eedcd035db1e8da136add4.jpg

Hi, I'm Michael Finn and my theme is One Minute Later -- I know other folks do recreations or homages to covers but I stick to ONE MINUTE LATER -- I have over 100 OMLs and I try to post a new one every week or so (at the moment, I have 40 that are not yet online so I'm going to start doing 2 per week for a bit). Anyway, I hope you like my theme --- it is what I'm known by in the comic community -- and I would encourage you to think about your own unique theme for yourself -- focus on a character, a cover of some sort -- Aidan Lacey does Re-Legion where he has artists take covers but replace all the characters with Legion of Super-Heroes characters.

Michael

If I'm not mistaken the Friam did one of the legion replacement covers and I'm really digging the one minute covers it's a very cool concept and a lot of them are probably better then the originals That is just my opinion ans I don't want to make any one mad :grin:

New One Minute Later - Vintage John Byrne with Joe Rubinstein

In 1992, Editions Deesse published a set of 6 X-Men plates by JB. This plate, he laid out, penciled (Banshee was pretty loose) and inked partially before deciding to do another scene. 20 years later, I purchased this unpublished piece and decided to transform it into a One Minute Later with help of Joe Rubinstein who finished the inking via blue line that John had started.

Hope you like it. Please leave comments on CAF:

X-Men #115 OML

awesomeness

I have 3 themes atm. My main is recreations of the classic x-men 143 wall poster cover. I have different artists do the characters they are famous for. It's kind of an offshoot of comix4fun great trophy wall setup. He does villains, I do heroes mainly.

My second theme are wanted posters which are recreations of Dreadstar #3. They are nice for when the funds are low as they are single figure with minimal background

My third theme are wanted/poster wall where the character is Alice (Mila Jovovich) from resident evil. Mainly there are umbrella academy posters in the background

to me themes are lots of fun.

I have 3 themes atm. My main is recreations of the classic x-men 143 wall poster cover. I have different artists do the characters they are famous for. It's kind of an offshoot of comix4fun great trophy wall setup. He does villains, I do heroes mainly.

My second theme are wanted posters which are recreations of Dreadstar #3. They are nice for when the funds are low as they are single figure with minimal background

My third theme are wanted/poster wall where the character is Alice (Mila Jovovich) from resident evil. Mainly there are umbrella academy posters in the background

to me themes are lots of fun.

I think you mean X-Men 141. :gossip: