• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official Commission Collecting Thread
15 15

2,863 posts in this topic

It's a really nice piece. Very dynamic and very, very true to what the next scene would be. I can see this being Cap's intended move and I really enjoyed the change in perspective. Nice one.

I have a new addition to the family - Amethyst, Princess of Gemworld. Ernie Colon has recreated the cover and Joe Rubinstein inked it. Not the easiest piece in the world for Ernie, but he did a great job. I'm pretty sure that I had a major crush on her back in the day. :)

Click here to read all about it or to comment on the piece.

You can contact Ernie on Facebook . His daughters maintain the page and are quite friendly.

Finally, for those that are link challenged (and you know who you are), here's the image:

Colon,%20Ernie%20(pencils)%20and%20Joe%20Rubinstein%20(inks)%20-%20Amethyst,%20Princess%20of%20Gemworld%2012%20(recreation).jpg

I have another that I'll post in a couple of days - also Amethyst, Colon, and Rubinstein.

Newest One Minute Later - Mike Zeck

Many thanks to the WONDERFUL Spencer Beck for this One Minute Later. I've been trying to get Mike Zeck to do a One Minute Later for some time -- since Mike isn't doing commissions, I settled for the generosity of Spencer Beck who noticed that this terrific unpublished plate that Mike did for Editions Deesse was a perfect OML for Cap #284 and so Spencer kindly sold this great oversized piece to me which Spencer had hanging in his home since Mike completed it over 15 years ago. Many thanks to Spencer Beck for helping me with a Mike Zeck OML.

Zeck One Minute Later

112179.jpg.ca42c1bfefd48bdbba0929d48ef36cfc.jpg

Newest One Minute Later - Mike Zeck

Many thanks to the WONDERFUL Spencer Beck for this One Minute Later. I've been trying to get Mike Zeck to do a One Minute Later for some time -- since Mike isn't doing commissions, I settled for the generosity of Spencer Beck who noticed that this terrific unpublished plate that Mike did for Editions Deesse was a perfect OML for Cap #284 and so Spencer kindly sold this great oversized piece to me which Spencer had hanging in his home since Mike completed it over 15 years ago. Many thanks to Spencer Beck for helping me with a Mike Zeck OML.

Zeck One Minute Later

who added the one minute later lettering?

I'm just getting the hang of it myself. There's a good number of artists that you can contact directly. If you see a cool commission in a CAF gallery, it can't hurt to shoot the owner an email and inquire about how to go about getting one for yourself. Some of the bigger art dealers and reps can help out too.

As an example, I saw a sweet piece by Al Plastino, talked to the owner, got Al's contact info, and had this one for myself shortly thereafter:

plastino_flash_v_superman.jpg

Anyone know if Plastino is still doing commissions? Also looking for other GA artist still doing commissions if any? Any info is helpful as I have never done this before.

Thx

Al is doing commissions. He mostly does recreations and they are wonderful.

Here's mine (there's contact info in the description). All was great to work with:

Plastino,%20Al%20-%20LSH%20in%20Adventure%20247.jpg

My mom sent me an article yesterday saying Joe Simon is still doing commissions. I don't have his contact information, but a Simon romance cover recreation featuring Steve Rogers with the Cap shield in the background would be very nice.

I'm all about full blown commissions as that's my main focus right now :)

Here are just a few I gathered since last year:

BlackCatPhilipTanCAF.jpg

BlackCatAsrar.jpg

EbasZatanna.jpg

You can find more here: http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=50718

those are gorgeous! i'm not a DC guy, but i've purchased a couple of zatana (none by Ebas, but...) that is making me re-think that stance. nice collection!

I'm sorry - rather new at the original art colelcting - what's a "one minute later"?

I gather it is a commission that reflects what the artist thinks was the next action for the cover, but it seems more technical than that...