• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official Commission Collecting Thread
15 15

2,863 posts in this topic

Fantastic!!! I love the commentary on the fight too. I don't think I've seen that before at CAF.

Oh, I always post my thoughts on the Karate Kid fights in my commission collection. I sometimes post the artists' thoughts on the fights as well.

Fantastic!!! I love the commentary on the fight too. I don't think I've seen that before at CAF.

Oh, I always post my thoughts on the Karate Kid fights in my commission collection. I sometimes post the artists' thoughts on the fights as well.

I like to make up a little back-story for all my all original Suicide Squad commissions and then have the artist work from that.

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryRoom.asp?GSub=105493

It makes me feel like Stan Lee or Julius Schwartz when designing a cover!

Bill

I suppose con sketches belong in this thread, too?

I went to Capt Comics show in Charlotte yesterday and pick up this Chrissie Zullo Harley. The DC cover is glossy so the shading doesnt do real well. Still a really cool piece.

zulloquinn.jpg

I also picked up this Budd Root Black Canary. It's a massive 14 * 16 1/2 and is pretty sweet. It's the only piece in my collection with some nudity but I figured if I ever needed any cash, it would move QUICKLY.

Picture349.jpg

If you want to see the uneditied version, you have to check it out on my CAF gallery.

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=741423&GSub=107831

Edited by TAFKADixie

I am working on a series of commissions based on the First Issue of Superman VS. Spider-man. The difference is that they are fighting on different buildings around the world

First Commission by Dave Ross is on the Empire State Building.

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=182170&GSub=28960

Superman Vs Spider-Man 01 Dave Ross

The Second is by Kalman Andrasofszky and Has Superman and Spider-man fighting on the CN Tower

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=404477&GSub=28960

Superman Vs Spider-Man 02 Kalman

I am waiting on a commission by a local Toronto Artist to add to collection

I just received a new commission featuring Superboy and the Legion of Super-Heroes by Michael Netzer and Joe Rubinstein. Michael (as Mike Nasser) and Joe had an all to brief IMO run on the LSH that I really enjoyed. When Michael decided to start doing commissions again, I jumped at the chance.

You can see it in my CAF Gallery. On the link, you'll get more of the story and some Additional Images. They include:

1) The sketch that Michael on my first idea that didn't satisfy either of us. He did a great sketch, but it felt like I wasn't leveraging his skills. He had a better idea. Clearly, I'm not qualified to be an Art Director.

2) The pencils

3) Two partial inks that illustrate Joe's work on the piece.

I think it's worth a click, however, for those that don't like clicking, I offer the following. Enjoy, I am.

Netzer,%20Michael%20and%20Joe%20Rubinstein%20-%20Superboy%20and%20Legion%20(LSH)%20(3rd%20completed%20inks).jpg

One of the situations I find most funny from the old spiderman is when Moon Knight and Spiderman has tricked and then beaten some mobsters.

Moon Knight as the brat he is wants to buy caviar and vintage wine while spiderman makes a polite excuse and runs away.

I guess even superheroes has different economical classes...

moonknightwantstocelebr.jpg

I had to translate from swedish so it might not be right compared to the origional american version.

I just received a new commission featuring Superboy and the Legion of Super-Heroes by Michael Netzer and Joe Rubinstein. Michael (as Mike Nasser) and Joe had an all to brief IMO run on the LSH that I really enjoyed. When Michael decided to start doing commissions again, I jumped at the chance.

You can see it in my CAF Gallery. On the link, you'll get more of the story and some Additional Images. They include:

1) The sketch that Michael on my first idea that didn't satisfy either of us. He did a great sketch, but it felt like I wasn't leveraging his skills. He had a better idea. Clearly, I'm not qualified to be an Art Director.

2) The pencils

3) Two partial inks that illustrate Joe's work on the piece.

I think it's worth a click, however, for those that don't like clicking, I offer the following. Enjoy, I am.

Amazing!

Thanks, guys. I think both Joe and Mike did great work. Be sure to look at the intermediate images in the CAF. I think seeing the pencils followed by views of Joe's inks is really interesting.

It's also interesting to compare Mike's take on redoing the Adventure 247 splash vs. Al Plastino's (Al was the original artist). I just added the published image and the re-creation that Al did for me. It's fun to look at what might have been.