• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official Commission Collecting Thread
15 15

2,863 posts in this topic

You can see the pencils in Michael's CAF Gallery. His collection of OMLs has to be seen. It's one of my favorite themes in both terms of the idea and the qualify of execution.

You may also know him as the owner of the sketches that went into the Hero Initiative's 3-Minute Sketchbook. There are some amazing sketches in that book; you should get a copy.

You can see the pencils in Michael's CAF Gallery. His collection of OMLs has to be seen. It's one of my favorite themes in both terms of the idea and the qualify of execution.

You may also know him as the owner of the sketches that went into the Hero Initiative's 3-Minute Sketchbook. There are some amazing sketches in that book; you should get a copy.

You trying to sleep with him or something?

I got a Newbie question....how do you guys get these artists to do these commissions when they are not at cons?

What artists typically do commissions like the great ones in this thread? (thumbs u

I'm just getting the hang of it myself. There's a good number of artists that you can contact directly. If you see a cool commission in a CAF gallery, it can't hurt to shoot the owner an email and inquire about how to go about getting one for yourself. Some of the bigger art dealers and reps can help out too.

As an example, I saw a sweet piece by Al Plastino, talked to the owner, got Al's contact info, and had this one for myself shortly thereafter:

plastino_flash_v_superman.jpg

Thanks for the info!

Can we get a list together in this thread of artist that are open to full commissions :wishluck:

You'd better cross reference that list against the one of artists who deliver 77 years late!

Thanks for the info!

Can we get a list together in this thread of artist that are open to full commissions :wishluck:

You'd better cross reference that list against the one of artists who deliver 77 years late!

You can check COMIC ART COMMISSIONS. And after that, take Speedy-D's suggestion and see if the artist delivers in 8weeks or 8years.

Anybody I rep will be done in 8weeks or under (thumbs u

Thanks for the info!

You can check COMIC ART COMMISSIONS. And after that, take Speedy-D's suggestion and see if the artist delivers in 8weeks or 8years.

And who would that be, pray tell? (rubs hands & checks wallet)

Thanks for the info!

And who would that be, pray tell? (rubs hands & checks wallet)

Follow the LINK IN MY SIG LINE(disclaimer: not all artists repped take commissions, but the ones that do don't :censored: around )

I got a Newbie question....how do you guys get these artists to do these commissions when they are not at cons?

What artists typically do commissions like the great ones in this thread? (thumbs u

I find the best way is to go an artist's website or blog and just e-mail them and ask if they do commissions. Some do, some don't.

There are also websites which which will set up commissions for you with artists they represent, such as http://www.comicarthouse.com/index.html, http://www.catskillcomics.com/index.htm, http://www.comic-art-ink.com/ & http://www.pencilinkcolor.com/

I'm just getting the hang of it myself. There's a good number of artists that you can contact directly. If you see a cool commission in a CAF gallery, it can't hurt to shoot the owner an email and inquire about how to go about getting one for yourself. Some of the bigger art dealers and reps can help out too.

As an example, I saw a sweet piece by Al Plastino, talked to the owner, got Al's contact info, and had this one for myself shortly thereafter:

plastino_flash_v_superman.jpg

Awesome!

Awesome!

I know, right? I was so psyched when I got that one. :luhv:

My newest Castrillo commission. i'd post this in every thread around if I could.

What was Anthony's turnaround time?

Andrew

It was a bit slower than previously, but still not terrible. We kept in touch the whole time, so it wasn't painful. Also, he lives in my neighborhood. I'm not sure why, but that makes waiting more tolerable.

If you liked Speedy-D's Al Plastino commission, you might also enjoy this one by Al. It's what inspired him to commission Al. BTW, Al's great fun as you can read in my description.

Legion (LSH) by Al Plastino - Adv 247 Splash Re-creation/Update

I can't seem to link to the image directly. Sorry about that.