• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four Collecting Thread!
32 32

13,668 posts in this topic

Although I could never compete with you high grade guys (worship) , I'm just as happy as a clam with this issue that I just picked up from ebay...

FantasticFour11.jpg

#11 is one of my favorite FF stories. Congrats.

1st Impossible Man!! :headbang:

Ditko inks and the floating heads at the bottom become the images for the upper left corner colophon on issues 13-49 (though Sue gets a hairdo with issue 29).

16 issues without a new hairdo? Obviously written by men.

I still think FF 4 is an underpriced book

yep. should be up there with FF5. :cool:

Not that I disagree but #5 seems to be a lot harder to track down in grades between 6.0-8.5 [for whatever reason?].

3 and 5 have traditionally been the tougher 9.0+ early FFs to find...I think more high grade 5s have surfaced the past five years...3, to my knowledge, is the toughest in high grade.

Although I could never compete with you high grade guys (worship) , I'm just as happy as a clam with this issue that I just picked up from ebay...

FantasticFour11.jpg

#11 is one of my favorite FF stories. Congrats.

1st Impossible Man!! :headbang:

and origin re-told (thumbs u

Page 3......???.....can't have that ! Just got this at our local one day Richmond show. The preMarvel tears and light stain on the back cover made it affordable. I already have a slabbed 9.0....but I couldn't resist it....first copy I've ever seen with perfect centering. GOD BLESS...

-jmbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

scan0001-13.jpg

Page 3......???.....can't have that ! Just got this at our local one day Richmond show. The preMarvel tears and light stain on the back cover made it affordable. I already have a slabbed 9.0....but I couldn't resist it....first copy I've ever seen with perfect centering. GOD BLESS...

scan0001-13.jpg

Jimbo I still regret selling that 8.5 copy. It had some of the best cover gloss I have ever seen for this issue.

scan0001-13.jpg

Jimbo I still regret selling that 8.5 copy. It had some of the best cover gloss I have ever seen for this issue.

It also had the best color strike I've ever seen on a 16....you could put it next to ANY copy and the other would pale in comparison.It was the Janiewicz (sp?) copy....he had a great eye for a nice book. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

I agree, Jimbo, the Janowicz FFs have amazing preservation of cover inks and paper. The #1 was owned and posted by a board member, and was by far the nicest 6.5 I've ever seen.

FF29cgc.jpg

I only owned 2 of his books....the other being an X-men 4, CGC 8.5 White. It was typically striking. Wish I hadn't sold it. GOD BLESS...

Here's the Janowicz copy of FF 16 that Peter was refering to....it really is THAT red. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a riend of jesus) (thumbs u

ff16-8.jpg

Sigh...it was in my care for awhile as well :cloud9:

Here's the Janowicz copy of FF 16 that Peter was refering to....it really is THAT red. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a riend of jesus) (thumbs u

ff16-8.jpg

Sigh...it was in my care for awhile as well :cloud9:

Welcome back, T.......GOD BLESS...

What's amazing about comics like the Janowicz (and Church) copies is they make you realize how much the paper and cover inks on nearly all old comics have suffered from the ravages of aging. Great cover paper and ink preservation is extremely uncommon for early SA and older, even for comics with exceptional structural grades and white interior pages.

What's amazing about comics like the Janowicz (and Church) copies is they make you realize how much the paper and cover inks on nearly all old comics have suffered from the ravages of aging. Great cover paper and ink preservation is extremely uncommon for early SA and older, even for comics with exceptional structural grades and white interior pages.

Another Ped with EXTREME gloss is the Bethlehem collection....maybe I've seen unrealistic specimens, but the few I've seen were quite possibly the glossiest I could think of. GOD BLESS...