• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four Collecting Thread!
32 32

13,674 posts in this topic

Hey guys --

Unbelievable stuff here. That #39 is tops, trmoore, and that #12 is also sweet, Steve. As someone just getting back into the FF game, trying to put together 1-60 right now, these are inspiring to see.

And just to let you know where I'm at, I have 6 books out of the 60. :boo: So, keep me in mind for any white-paged undercopies!

Thanks for sharing, everyone,

Dan :applause:

It was an auction. Man, I remember not that long ago looking at an Ebay FF #6 in 9.0 and thinking, man, $1000 is a lot for that comic...

How times have changed. (And I am in the market for one, by the way!)

Dan

I solda 9.0 ow/w #6 for $2500 about 4 years ago..now 9.0s are going $5k+ on eBay? :P

This reminds of the pre-Robin tec thread in Gold. I, too, prefer #4 to #5.

If by that you're likening the fruity Sub-Mariner to post-Robin and the ultimate badass Doctor Doom to pre-Robin, then I AGREE! :applause:

:sumo: Oh, it's on, now.

"Just the sort of reply I'd expect from a Fantastic Four collector with a Spider-Man avatar."

I think you just really like looking at guys in scaly bikini swimming trunks. :baiting:

Are we really having a Dr. Doom versus Sub-Mariner popularity/coolness debate? Doctor Doom/Darth Vader wins HANDS DOWN! :slapfight:

Although I could never compete with you high grade guys (worship) , I'm just as happy as a clam with this issue that I just picked up from ebay...

FantasticFour11.jpg

#11 is one of my favorite FF stories. Congrats.

1st Impossible Man!! :headbang:

Although I could never compete with you high grade guys (worship) , I'm just as happy as a clam with this issue that I just picked up from ebay...

FantasticFour11.jpg

#11 is one of my favorite FF stories. Congrats.

1st Impossible Man!! :headbang:

Ditko inks and the floating heads at the bottom become the images for the upper left corner colophon on issues 13-49 (though Sue gets a hairdo with issue 29).