• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four Collecting Thread!
31 31

13,410 posts in this topic

Those shouldn't be little teeny thumbnails...especially the #1...those should be screamin full-page scans! Nice pickups ff! :headbang:

THANKS! They're thumbnail links to larger scans...I don't like posting multiple full-size scans in a single post, particularly the 150dpi scans I take.

Nice FF 36! :cloud9:

2 books courtesy of boardie rube11/Steve:

FF86.jpg

FF97.jpg

Both books harken me back to earliest childhood to the basement at my Grandparent's house where my uncle stored his collection. I think I probably carried on like crazy till he gave me both books!! :blush: I really loved the Universal monsters as a kid, especially "The Creature From The Black Lagoon", so I just had to have that #97. :sumo: He definitely helped spark the fire that developed into a lifelong passion for our hobby!!! :headbang:(worship):cloud9:

that is the one of the coolest parts of collecting, picking books up you remember reading or seeing in one's youth

(thumbs u No doubt. Brings you right back to that simpler time + place :takeit:

:applause:

that is the one of the coolest parts of collecting, picking books up you remember reading or seeing in one's youth

Yep, every time I see a Spidey #78 (first newsstand book I purchased). I was so proud of it I kept it in Mom's living room coffee table.

:cloud9:

Yep, every time I see a Spidey #78 (first newsstand book I purchased). I was so proud of it I kept it in Mom's living room coffee table.

I am the same way with Silver surfer!

your pops bought you #1 at a flea market in the early 70s--is that how the story goes? :grin:

:blush:

your pops bought you #1 at a flea market in the early 70s--is that how the story goes? :grin:
1973, 25 cents :headbang:

1973, 25 cents :headbang:

.....which he eventually sold and squandered the money on a poopy Action Comics # 1.......some people... :baiting: GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Oh boy!

A copy of Fantastic Four Annual 2 with a back cover!

On its way to me from the shiverbones pedigree

FFAnn2.jpg

Jack

What an awesome comic....imagine seeing that on the stands in 1964 for a mere quarter.....those first several years of Marvel annuals were such events. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

I paid $15 for my VF- copy decades ago, and proudly showed it to my 3 older brothers. They all made fun of me. They couldn't believe that I traded 2 hours of work for a comic book. They mocked me!

But I showed them! I showed them all! Now I've got a comic room and a full run of pretty FFs! What do they have? Old jerseys, that's what they have! Bwa-ha-ha!

:insane: