• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official PEDIGREE BOOK thread! Updates and comments here
9 9

419 posts in this topic

I still have to proof the Spokane Collection section. I hope they don't issue the book before I do.

No rush :cry:

I'm really looking forward to this book.

No rush, I retire in 6 years. :cry:

No rush, I retire in 5 years.

lol

I still have to proof the Spokane Collection section. I hope they don't issue the book before I do.

No rush :cry:

I'm really looking forward to this book.

No rush, I retire in 6 years. :cry:

No rush, I retire in 5 years.

:roflmao:

I've given up, I've been waiting for this book for over 5 years it seems and I'm done. If this book ever comes out I'm thinking I won't even buy it now. I'll just get it from the library. It's somewhat of a joke around Christmas time at our house seeing that I've been putting it on my list for 2 or 3 years and then have to cross it off and replace it with fruitcake or socks. It was a great idea and good luck if it ever happens. P.S. War and Peace was written in a shorter amount of time..

I've given up, I've been waiting for this book for over 5 years it seems and I'm done. If this book ever comes out I'm thinking I won't even buy it now. I'll just get it from the library. It's somewhat of a joke around Christmas time at our house seeing that I've been putting it on my list for 2 or 3 years and then have to cross it off and replace it with fruitcake or socks. It was a great idea and good luck if it ever happens. P.S. War and Peace was written in a shorter amount of time..

Honestly what is the point of your post? The book has so much ground to cover that I'm sure that they want to do a proper job the first go around. Do you honestly think that they will read your post and say to themselves, "gee we better get this out now because you might go to the library instead of buying a copy" Please! :screwy:

Honestly what is the point of your post? The book has so much ground to cover that I'm sure that they want to do a proper job the first go around. Do you honestly think that they will read your post and say to themselves, "gee we better get this out now because you might go to the library instead of buying a copy" Please! :screwy:

Not to mention...what's wrong with fruit cake and socks?

Not to mention...what's wrong with fruit cake and socks?

He is 26 (shrug)

I know how you feel as I've been waiting years for this book. I'm assuming that the book is taking so long because many of the contributers are volunteering their time and it is tough to snap the whip and rush free labour.

Even if the book takes another 10 years I will happily pony up for a copy as it is a subject that interests me greatly. Keep the faith best2u, I believe this book is being published for all the right reasons and the delays are not personal.

What I'd like to see at some point is a GCD type database of scans of pedigree books. It be cool to try and put together full runs of a title as a community effort. I know well probably never see many books but it would be pretty cool none the less.

Actually, we're building a database for this right now. We've cobbled together several thousand scans of pedigree books from various sources, and once the book is finished, go live with the archive on comicpedigrees.com. From that point, users will be able to sign in and upload any scans of pedigrees to the database. There are many, many little details to be ironed out, but that is the jist of it.

Eventually the original lists may be up there to serve as a checklist, so there is a goal to shoot for. In essence we'll be re-assembling each collection!

And this is just a part of the plans we have for the website in the future. Once the book is out, the website will pick up from there and move forward with live data for the pedigree collections.

now this reads like an excellent idea.

tell you what, just drop the book altogether and make the site pay-only. like $10 a year or something. i would sign up tomorrow

tell you what, just drop the book altogether and make the site pay-only. like $10 a year or something. i would sign up tomorrow

That's one good idea.

(thumbs u

Will it be out before the world ends in 2012?

Are you kidding? The publication of the book will be one of the signs of the apocalypse!

a little birdy told me the apocalypse just might be coming :cool: