• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four Collecting Thread!
31 31

13,410 posts in this topic

Anyone know who picked up the FF #8 @ 9.4 in the Mound City Auction? Sweet Book!

And how about the #6 9.4...only 3 graded copies (including that one) in 9.4...only 1 higher... :o

I just got out my FF Omnibus last night and noticed that FF 6 has the unique distinction of being the first appearance of the Yancy Street Gang....not noted in OSPG. There was also a letter in FF 12 where a fellow in California offered to accept bids on copies of a "small supply" of all the FF's in fine to mint condition. I also noticed how Chic Stones inking style bears a strong resemblance to Chris Rule's style from the pre hero period. I wonder if one may have been a pen name for the other. I must admit I don't know much about either. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Anyone know who picked up the FF #8 @ 9.4 in the Mound City Auction? Sweet Book!

And how about the #6 9.4...only 3 graded copies (including that one) in 9.4...only 1 higher... :o

I just got out my FF Omnibus last night and noticed that FF 6 has the unique distinction of being the first appearance of the Yancy Street Gang....not noted in OSPG. There was also a letter in FF 12 where a fellow in California offered to accept bids on copies of a "small supply" of all the FF's in fine to mint condition. I also noticed how Chic Stones inking style bears a strong resemblance to Chris Rule's style from the pre hero period. I wonder if one may have been a pen name for the other. I must admit I don't know much about either. GOD BLESS...

Get me that guy's phone number!! lol

The thing that got me was that he was acually GRADING the books in 1962. GOD BLESS...

The thing that got me was that he was acually GRADING the books in 1962. GOD BLESS...

Yeah...that's pretty cool...was OSPG even out yet?

OSPG was still 8 years away. Here's a book I jst picked up in a part trade/part cash deal. I traded my FF 8 CGC 7.0 plus some cash for it. The 7.0 was one of the nicest 7.0's I've ever seen but it had a rusty staple that bugged me. The line by the Puppet Master's head is a scanner glitch, as is the blotchiness. GOD BLESS...

scan0003-10.jpg

OSPG was still 8 years away. Here's a book I jst picked up in a part trade/part cash deal. I traded my FF 8 CGC 7.0 plus some cash for it. The 7.0 was one of the nicest 7.0's I've ever seen but it had a rusty staple that bugged me. The line by the Puppet Master's head is a scanner glitch, as is the blotchiness. GOD BLESS...

scan0003-10.jpg

He was probably a stamp or baseball card collector bringing over the standards... lol

Nice #8!