• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four Collecting Thread!
31 31

13,410 posts in this topic

FF #12 @ 9.4......60K?......Holy Schmokes...one CRAZY sale DOES NOT a market make....right...I hope?

At first I thought the buyer of the 9.4 from Pedigree was attempting a flip, but this one on ComicLink is a different copy. There are actually more 9.4 copies of FF #12 than any other issue in the under-#20 run, and it looks like that $76K sale is scaring them out of collections.

The real question here is does the person who bid $74K on the one last month think he should jump on this. My guess is that the answer is no, as he could have bid on the $35K one at Pedigree but held out for the one on ComicLink because it had white pages. This one is ow/w like the one at Pedigree, so the answer is almost certainly no, he doesn't want it at this price when he could have had it for up to $25K less. Plus he probably knows the range between his bid at $74K and the third-high bidder was probably quite large, which means he can wait to see if this copy ends up in a future auction where he's likely to get it cheaper than this asking price.