• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four Collecting Thread!
31 31

13,410 posts in this topic

Congrats!

I'm fairly happy with my FF run, but there may not be a single 9.4 in the lot. Nothin' low about 'em!

You probably wouldn't be caught dead with this POS ....GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Here is another CERTIFIED FREAK OF NATURE from the CGC Gallery...GOD BLESS...

Anybody know where that #16 came from? I think it's brand new in the latest Census. Easy to assume it's a pressed 9.4, but I really have no clue where it came from. (shrug)

Anybody know where that #16 came from? I think it's brand new in the latest Census. Easy to assume it's a pressed 9.4, but I really have no clue where it came from. (shrug)

I was hoping you might know....definitely recent and real nice centering, I doubt anything will ever de-throne it.GOD BLESS...

P.S. I remember Chuck mentioning in Tales from the Database that there were books in the Mile High 2 collection from the early 60's that were already gone when he got there (shrug)

Check Captain Trips census run for his FF's, he's the resub king of late. He's been converting books up a notch or two on a regular basis for some time now.

Picked up a couple more lowely 9.4's 70 and 76....

Steve

:wishluck: Here's hoping you can snag that lowly CGC 9.0 FF 3 in the Mound City Auction. GOD BLESS...

Hi. I have seen this CGC 6.5 copy of FF #1 from the Mannarino collection for sale probably 4 - 5 times over the past couple of years. I always see it selling for less than what I would expect a 6.5 to go for. It is in the current comicconnect auction. Does anyone here know anything more about this particular book? Who has owned it during this time? Everyone seems to want to flip it for big bucks, but it has not yet worked. Maybe this time?

Edited by dm

Hi. I have seen this CGC 6.5 copy of FF #1 from the Mannarino collection for sale probably 4 - 5 times over the past couple of years. I always see it selling for less than what I would expect a 6.5 to go for. It is in the current comicconnect auction. Does anyone here know anything more about this particular book? Who has owned it during this time? Everyone seems to want to flip it for big bucks, but it has not yet worked. Maybe this time?

Those books have a rep for bad PQ ,even though many of them are very nice books. I've seen quite a few and the Mannarinos certainly had an eye for a nice spine....some people crack and resub to lose the designation and the books then do better at market. The FF 18 that I used to own had a perfect spine that more than made up for the C/OW.....GOD BLESS...

Edited by jimjum12