• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four Collecting Thread!
31 31

13,410 posts in this topic

I remember getting it off the rack....man I loved Kirby FF's.....I was totally bummed when he left Marvel....I'd rather have been dumped by a girl than to see the King leave Marvel. He did leave us some nice annuals....I loved them all. I really liked the Rogue's gallery from 1 and 2....when they were reprinted in Annual 8, that's what really jump started me to collect back issues...it kind of gave me a shopping list.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

I remember getting it off the rack....man I loved Kirby FF's.....I was totally bummed when he left Marvel....I'd rather have been dumped by a girl than to see the King leave Marvel. He did leave us some nice annuals....I loved them all. I really liked the Rogue's gallery from 1 and 2....when they were reprinted in Annual 8, that's what really jump started me to collect back issues...it kind of gave me a shopping list.GOD BLESS...

I remember annual 8, I was about 6 years old.

The Hulk in the rogues gallery is still one of my all time favorite renditions of him.

I recall trying to copy it with tracing paper. Back issues were still a few years away for me though.

My comics mentor tells a heart-rending story about the day he opened his eagerly anticipated copy of the new FF only to find Romita art therein. You can still feel his pain as he tells it.

Back then, they didn't tell you you could find The King over at the Distinguished Competition. We both went Kirby-less until Kirby's mid-seventies return to Marvel.

(shrug)

Not following you sir...

We're hoping you were the one who pulled the trigger on the FF 8...9.0 on Comiclink....probably one of the toughest FF's in 9.0 or higher.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a fried of jesus) (thumbs u

P.S. It sold for $ 3500....about 50 % higher than the surrounding issues in similar grade.It really should be broken out in Overstreet...as should 16,36,39,and 57.Those usually sell for more than the rest in their respective groupings.

Edited by jimjum12

(shrug)

Not following you sir...

We're hoping you were the one who pulled the trigger on the FF 8...9.0 on Comiclink....probably one of the toughest FF's in 9.0 or higher.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a fried of jesus) (thumbs u

P.S. It sold for $ 3500....about 50 % higher than the surrounding issues in similar grade.It really should be broken out in Overstreet...as should 16,36,39,and 57.Those usually sell for more than the rest in their respective groupings.

Yes. That is such a tough one to find in HG. It would have been perfect for your collection.

OH!

Nope got to it to late.....that is a pretty damm good price for the seller though!

Blazing Bob had a 9.2 a few years back..... sold QUICKLY.....haven't seen a 9.0 or 9.4 sell in a LONG time. Last 9.0 was the Pacific Coast copy several years ago at $2500.which was a flip from a purchase of $1900. GOD BLESS...