• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four Collecting Thread!
31 31

13,410 posts in this topic

Sharp looking book!

I would of bid on this had my birthday been Aug. 27 (It's Aug 22...so close!)

Date stamps used to bug me but I've been lightening up on them. This is one that is perfectly placed and really adds a bit of charm to the book. IMO.

Sharp looking book!

I would of bid on this had my birthday been Aug. 27 (It's Aug 22...so close!)

Date stamps used to bug me but I've been lightening up on them. This is one that is perfectly placed and really adds a bit of charm to the book. IMO.

I agree, love the placement of the date stamp

Very nice FF #5! Congrats on adding such a key issue to your collection.

On a separate note, I noticed there are now at least two Rocky Mountain FF #48's. One just sold on the ComicLink Exchange, and the other is in the Feb/March Focused Auction. I'm always amazed by collectors who, for whatever reason, purchased two copies of an issue back in the day before these things were considered collectibles. Has anyone noticed any other duplicate issues surface from this collection or have any opinions on the likelihood of such?

http://www.comiclink.com/itemdetail.asp?back=%2Fitems%2Easp%3Fid%3D3906%26TO%3D%26FROM%3D%26pg%3D4%26x%3D22%26y%3D9&id=772527

http://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2FAuctions%2Fsearch%2Easp%3FPreviewCode%3D2009feb%26where%3Dauctions%26title%3Dfantastic%2Bfour%26x%3D17%26y%3D12%26ItemType%3DCB%23Item%5F773866&id=773866

Very nice FF #5! Congrats on adding such a key issue to your collection.

On a separate note, I noticed there are now at least two Rocky Mountain FF #48's. One just sold on the ComicLink Exchange, and the other is in the Feb/March Focused Auction. I'm always amazed by collectors who, for whatever reason, purchased two copies of an issue back in the day before these things were considered collectibles. Has anyone noticed any other duplicate issues surface from this collection or have any opinions on the likelihood of such?

http://www.comiclink.com/itemdetail.asp?back=%2Fitems%2Easp%3Fid%3D3906%26TO%3D%26FROM%3D%26pg%3D4%26x%3D22%26y%3D9&id=772527

http://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2FAuctions%2Fsearch%2Easp%3FPreviewCode%3D2009feb%26where%3Dauctions%26title%3Dfantastic%2Bfour%26x%3D17%26y%3D12%26ItemType%3DCB%23Item%5F773866&id=773866

Both with a similar miswrap :sick:

There are dupes of #42 as well. I would venture to guess there were 2-3 copies of each book and will continue to be leaked out over the next few auctions...

Annual 6 was a favorite.....I was kind of young when it came out and my mom was pregnant with my sister the same time Sue was pregnant with Franklin...it kind of put a cool spin on it.I was always surprised it wasn't more hot as keys are concerned...especially with the first appearance of Anihillus.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Annual 6 was a favorite.....I was kind of young when it came out and my mom was pregnant with my sister the same time Sue was pregnant with Franklin...it kind of put a cool spin on it.I was always surprised it wasn't more hot as keys are concerned...especially with the first appearance of Anihillus.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Annual #6 is my single favorite comic of all time.