• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,178 posts in this topic

and another

frankenstein31.jpg

damaged in shipping. Bent and dented corner and chips broken off. Sent to me in an envelope with one piece of cardboard and nothing else. Cardboard had been bent in half. Ugh!!!

OK Jay, here it is...

There are very few PCH books that I have wanted for over 15 years, but never owned. Weird Mysteries #4, 5, Weird Tales of the Future #2, 3, Mister Mystery #12, Weird Chills #2, and this one. I am so happy to finally have found the right copy at the right price of this tough book.

2468198830_47af1f4a08_o.jpg

I finally got a chance to spend some time reading this, and I have to say this contains the scariest pre code horror story I have ever seen! If you thought the Hanged man Story I posted before from SSFAW#2 was bad, you have to see "Man With the Broken Neck!" in this one. Holy cripes! Sid Check drew it and it is unrepentantly brutal. A man is wrongly sentenced to death & he vows he won't die, and he'll get the real perpetrators. The tone is beyond description, just terrifying! the panel where he finds the first bad guy & snaps his neck with a phone cord is just messed up. I wish I could scan this, but my copy is so fragile. I may try anyway... Holy cripes....

I bought my copy of this from a guy in cbg.Its like a good minus.25 shipped.He had so much cool pre-code.Passed on the Venus 17 good 35.

Anyway nice pick-up Shiver!

Another one came today. :D

Witchcraft #5

witchcraft5hh8.jpg

So when ya changing your user name to ComicAddict, huh? (shrug)

Nice book!

I just might have to but not quite yet. :)

Thanks for the comments guys. Another one came today.

Jumbo Comics #161

jumbocomics161tw5.jpg

Sweet copy! Those late run Jumbos are both cool and challenging. I love the Whitman covers.

Recent Heritage win. Love this cover, though not as epic as the ones by Frazetta.

GR10.jpg

I don't know the storyline for the Frankenstein tale but I think that people who like horror comics should consider Ghost Rider. Certainly the Tales of the Ghost Rider series should be considered horror. And some of the stories had horror icons such as Zombies (not actors in suits), Witches and the Frankenstein monster. The lead character was trained by a ghost and always had contact with the "other side". Scaring the bad guys was often a part of the early stories. Kind of like Batman but he used his gun pretty often too.

bb

2493992281_3c27c717ee_o.jpg

Recent Heritage win. Love this cover, though not as epic as the ones by Frazetta.

GR10.jpg

I don't know the storyline for the Frankenstein tale but I think that people who like horror comics should consider Ghost Rider. Certainly the Tales of the Ghost Rider series should be considered horror. And some of the stories had horror icons such as Zombies (not actors in suits), Witches and the Frankenstein monster. The lead character was trained by a ghost and always had contact with the "other side". Scaring the bad guys was often a part of the early stories. Kind of like Batman but he used his gun pretty often too.

bb

hm Is that page from the above issue?

GR10.jpg

bb

hm Is that page from the above issue?

The story above was from issue #7.

bb

2301816971_2a65d7ec08_o.jpg

Awesome Stuff everyone! Andy, that Ghost Rider is a knock out!

The Jumbo is incredibly sweet as well, I have never had ANY Fiction House horror.

The JIF #18 is an all time favorite cover of mine, Skeletal voyeurism! Woot!~

Lastly, my copy of JIF#12 arrived. I did have time to read "Evil Intruder" and agree it is unlike any other PCH story I have read. Fantastic, sadistic, horrifying, hilarious and full of the most wonderful dialogue. Woot! :cloud9: I Still Like "Revenge can be fatal" just as much though... :baiting:

2496996079_69e2104c09_o.jpg

Edited by shiverbones

I wound up returning my copy of JiF #12 due to a large spine split! :(

Didn't want to cause any more damage to the book so I didn't open to read.

Mind posting the story? :shy::wishluck::foryou: