Page 24 of 24 « First<2021222324
Topic Options
#8772634 - 07/29/15 03:05 AM Re: The ebay advice thread [Re: calcnerd]
Kevin76 Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Originally Posted By: calcnerd
The only problem with that that I can see is if it's been damaged since it left my posession, now I have to try and resell an item that's no longer in the condition it was.

If I do accept a return, do I wait until I have the item back to refund the money?

Yes, Always

#9060345 - 12/22/15 12:55 PM Re: The ebay advice thread [Re: Kevin76]
theThreat Offline
Hobbyist

My .02

Ebay feedback is kind of worthless now. Ever since Ebay changed its policy to not allow negative feedback on buyers, many buyers leave negative feedback without contacting the seller first to resolve.

I have received one neg and one neutral in the past month, for the last 10 years I got 1 negative feedback. The negative feedback I received is because I sold a vintage VHS about a fashion show and the buyer said that the women weren't pretty enough, so I got a NEG.

#9060377 - 12/22/15 01:13 PM Re: The ebay advice thread [Re: theThreat]
Doohickamabob Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Originally Posted By: theThreat
My .02

Ebay feedback is kind of worthless now. Ever since Ebay changed its policy to not allow negative feedback on buyers, many buyers leave negative feedback without contacting the seller first to resolve.

I have received one neg and one neutral in the past month, for the last 10 years I got 1 negative feedback. The negative feedback I received is because I sold a vintage VHS about a fashion show and the buyer said that the women weren't pretty enough, so I got a NEG.

Ha ha, that's got to be the dumbest reason for a Negative that I've ever read. You are well within your rights to try to get eBay to remove the neg, or at least to reply with some sort of contextual comment about it being a bogus neg.

When I look at a seller's feedback before bidding/buying, I always take note of the actual content of the negative feedbacks -- what people say. Sometimes the negs are ridiculous and I don't consider them any kind of barometer of the seller's reputation.

I've gotten retaliatory negs from buyers just because I reported them as non-paying bidders. One guy hadn't paid for more than two weeks, and hadn't responded to any communication, so I finally reported him as non-paying. He then paid without comment, and then a couple days later he immediately negged me with a criticism that was made up, just to get me back for my non-paying-bidder action. People are just small-souled asshats sometimes, grabbing what little power over another person they can.

#9065821 - 12/25/15 07:39 PM Re: The ebay advice thread [Re: theThreat]
Kevin76 Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Originally Posted By: theThreat
My .02

you should be able to get that removed if you contact ebay about it

#9128994 - 01/26/16 03:07 PM Re: The ebay advice thread [Re: bronzilla]
snowman28 Offline
Talkative?

Loc: Chicago
 Originally Posted By: bronzilla

I hate E-Bay, no advice really other than to say Seller Beware.
An Exchange a few months ago, between myself and a customer upon receiving his slabbed 9.0 book.

Buyer:

Greetings--

I received your book today, and thought you'd like to know that I'm taken aback with your audacity in not having disclosed anywhere in your listing that the CGC holder is severely CRACKED (And I'm particularly bemused by the fact that you chose to draw happy faces with the ridiculous admonition "fragile" on the outside of the box). Good job, way to go.

You will note well that it is clear to anyone with half a brain that the damage to this book is PRE-EXISTING, so please don't insult me with any disingenuous claims that the damage is attributable to mishandling by USPS or G-d knows who.

So now I'm left wondering, are you a fool, or did you expect to make me the fool in this transaction? That's alright you needn't respond, as it is a rhetorical question, the answer already being obvious.

All that said, let this serve as a head's up, so that when you read the feedback I've left, you needn't feign ignorance or otherwise claim "the buyer never contacted me."

Happy trails

Me:
Your books case was free of damage when it left my possession. It was packaged properly, with plenty of Bubble-wrap. You have accused me immediately upon first communication of fraud, which I do not appreciate. How would you feel if someone accused that of you? What I suggest you do, is to send the book back for a refund. I will take the loss for the damaged case, which did indeed happen in transit. I would also suggest in the future, you refrain from immediate ugly accusations against other E-bay Members. You have been very derogatory and accusing of me which is not helpful, and that approach will certainly make future dealings with other members more difficult. I would also suggest, you do not attempt to leave any negative or neutral feedback against me, as it would be unwarranted at best. E-bay monitors correspondence amongst members including your initial email, and my response here, a negative feedback against a member willing to "make right" on a sale, will not be looked at favorably. You have been given the option for a refund, as a reputable seller I will take the loss for something completely out of my control. Once I receive the book, you will be refunded.

Buyer:

PLEASE NOTE: If or when you ever come across the MISSING CORNER PIECE to the top of the cracked slab, you might want to send it off to me. Because, tell you what, the missing corner that broke off the slab was NOWHERE to be found within the box you sent me-- You, know, the box that you claim was damaged "in transit"-- So I guess the corner piece that broke off "in transit" magically (poof!) disappeared from inside the box before it ever got to me, huh? Wow, what a curious thing.

Just as I suspected, you are in fact a disingenuous, bold-faced LIAR. Anyone with HALF a brain (i.e. yourself) can see that this book's damage is PRE-EXISTING, and that you knowingly did not disclose that fact in your listing. Serves me right for continuing to waste my time engaging in useless diatribes with the likes of disingenuous liars & thieves. And now-- after YOUR THREATS-- you seriously expect me to trust you with a refund?!? You'll excuse me for NOT trusting you, but I'll just keep the damaged book & cut my losses. Let the chips fall where they may & let eBay be the final arbiter.

***FINAL IMPORTANT NOTE: I DON'T TAKE WELL TO BEING HARASSED, THREATENED OR EXTORTED** **SO DO YOURSELF A SOLID FAVOR & KINDLY REFRAIN FROM HAVING ANY FUTURE CONTACT WITH ME WHATSOEVER***

The buyer immediately negged me, and repeated requests to E-bay to remove the negative feedback has been greeted with silence.

This is my only negative feedback with over 1200 transactions. The negative came from a buyer who has 400 positive feedback nothing makes sense about this to me. His immediate attack against me, and his refusal to accept my immediate offering of a full refund is just strange. Bottom line, my Feedback suffers, and E-Bay, don't give a damn, cuz they, and Paypal got their money via sellers fees.

Just sent you a PM to share the buyer's ID so I can put him/her on my block list. TIA

#9129025 - 01/26/16 03:19 PM Re: The ebay advice thread [Re: snowman28]
JazzMan Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: I'm just sitting here watching...
Why is this thread in the WC? \(shrug\)

JazzMan's Feedback Thread

#9138438 - 01/31/16 04:51 PM Re: The ebay advice thread [Re: JazzMan]
Bills Comics Offline
Collectosaurus Rex

Loc: Where you least expect me to b...
Just a heads up. For anyone doing seven day auctions starting today/night. The ending will be during the Superbowl. So you might not get many bidders and your items might go for alot less than usual .
#9139632 - 02/01/16 10:08 AM Re: The ebay advice thread [Re: MustEatBrains]
The Black Hand Offline

The Common Man
meets
Regular People

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Land of the Elite Poster
I'm wondering what the percentage of shill bidding is on eBay. I've been on enough auction that really seemed strange. Especially items that were just normal household type items and not particularly high demand items. I doubt there's anyway to really know.

I Saw Hendrix Twice.Chances Are You Didn't. \:\/

Page 24 of 24 « First<2021222324

Moderator:  Gemma, ngcmod, Architecht, cgcmod3, Harshen, cgcmod4, cgcmod5, cgcmod7, cgcmod8, CCGmod0, cgcmod9, cgcmod11, cgcmod12, ccgmod1, PaulS., ccgmod2 
Hop to:
Boards Information
Please read the
TERMS OF USE - BOARD GUIDELINES
for the rules of moderation on the boards.

Use Google to Search the Boards

The Money Marketplace
FSH: 1970 "No S" Roosevelt Dime PR69 NGC Top Pop!
by Official Coins
02/08/16 10:04 PM
FS: 2014 $10 Gold Eagle NGC MS69 and 1999 $5 Gold Eagle NGC MS69
by ksuscott
02/08/16 05:32 PM
90% SILVER ROLLS
by gpnyc
02/07/16 09:04 PM
Today at GreatCollections - 1889-CC $1 NGC MS-61, 1909-S VDB 1c PCGS MS-66+ RD
by ianrussell
02/07/16 11:40 AM
Comics Marketplace
The BIG one III: keys/non-keys...gold
/silver/bronze...hig
h/mid/low grade

by october
32 minutes 27 seconds ago
FC #6, H, Cassidy, Showcase, Action Comics 15 Lot, X-Files, GFT Vars - END 2/10
by WalkinWillie
Today at 06:19 AM
CGC SS Black Cat sketch by Joseph Michael Linsner & Nei Ruffino
by Nino_013
Today at 03:19 AM
CGC Books: Harley Quinn, ASM300, BKV, Zatanna, Variants, Vertigo, etc
by Flatliner1313
Today at 01:41 AM
Advertisements

Generated in 0.016 seconds in which 0.005 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.