Page 29 of 29 « First<2526272829
Topic Options
#9340004 - 05/11/16 09:50 AM Re: The ebay advice thread [Re: Catwomancomics]
awakeintheashes Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Sinking Atlantis
It's time to decide if I want to renew my eBay store subscription. When I signed up for a store I was listing over 50 items per month, so it made economic sense, based on the insertion fee cost at the time.

I'm only listing about 25-30 items per month now, and I see that the basic store subscription cost is now $19.95 per month.

At first glance, it doesn't seem to make economic sense to keep up a store subscription. Granted, I will miss out on special features, but the only one I used was vacation settings.

I'm currently a top rated seller, so I enjoy the discounts associated with that. Am I overlooking any savings or benefits associated with maintaining my eBay store?

Don't let your dreamers grow up to be dead men.

#9340075 - 05/11/16 10:53 AM Re: The ebay advice thread [Re: awakeintheashes]
BassGMan Offline
Pedigreed

Loc: Near Seattle WA
 Originally Posted By: awakeintheashes
It's time to decide if I want to renew my eBay store subscription. When I signed up for a store I was listing over 50 items per month, so it made economic sense, based on the insertion fee cost at the time.

I'm only listing about 25-30 items per month now, and I see that the basic store subscription cost is now $19.95 per month.

At first glance, it doesn't seem to make economic sense to keep up a store subscription. Granted, I will miss out on special features, but the only one I used was vacation settings.

I'm currently a top rated seller, so I enjoy the discounts associated with that. Am I overlooking any savings or benefits associated with maintaining my eBay store?

A couple things. First is that starting this month the smallest Store subscription went up $5 to $24.95 for month to month, though free listings went up to 250 for both Buy It Now and auctions (up from 200 each). Don't forget that rather than the flat 10% final value fee that with even the smallest Store subscription that fee goes down to 9% for most categories (including collectibles) and even less for some other categories. There is also that 20% off final value fees as long as you meet some criteria, though I'm not sure if that applies to those without a store as well. If you don't want to commit to a full year just go for the month to month plan and exit whenever you want.

#9554326 - 09/11/16 03:09 PM Re: The ebay advice thread [Re: BassGMan]
Catwomancomics Offline
Up 20 words per minute since I signed up

I recently had someone claiming to be a disabled Veit Nam Vet. They like a book I am selling but will need more time to come up with the money to make a better offer on the book. They want me to relist the book because it will expire before they get their next disabled veterans check at the first of the month.

Am I wrong to think that if someone served in Vietnam, they would know how to spell it correctly? This seems a little odd to me. User registered in Feb 2014.

My father served in Vietnam and I would genuinely like to show my appreciation by selling the book to this person for $400, but I'm not entirely sure if it's the truth. I have my auction set to consider offers of $450 or more. What would you do if you were in this situation?

#9554616 - 09/11/16 06:32 PM Re: The ebay advice thread [Re: Catwomancomics]
Doohickamabob Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Originally Posted By: Catwomancomics
Am I wrong to think that if someone served in Vietnam, they would know how to spell it correctly? This seems a little odd to me. User registered in Feb 2014.

Odds are the person is not a vet and is trying to use a made-up story to get a sympathy vote. Even on the slim chance they're really a vet, I consider it disrespectful for anybody to use their military service to try to get a better deal.

My father served in Vietnam and I would genuinely like to show my appreciation by selling the book to this person for $400, but I'm not entirely sure if it's the truth. I have my auction set to consider offers of $450 or more. What would you do if you were in this situation?

Don't give them anything you wouldn't give anybody else. There are many other ways to honor the service and sacrifice people made to the country.

P.S. You don't need to say anything to the person about believing them, not believing them, etc. You could even say "thank you for your service." Then make the deal you want to make, regardless.

#9554710 - 09/11/16 07:53 PM Re: The ebay advice thread [Re: Doohickamabob]
Catwomancomics Offline

Originally Posted By: Doohickamabob

Odds are the person is not a vet and is trying to use a made-up story to get a sympathy vote. Even on the slim chance they're really a vet, I consider it disrespectful for anybody to use their military service to try to get a better deal.

Don't give them anything you wouldn't give anybody else. There are many other ways to honor the service and sacrifice people made to the country.

P.S. You don't need to say anything to the person about believing them, not believing them, etc. You could even say "thank you for your service." Then make the deal you want to make, regardless.

Thank you for the reply.

After my post here, I did thank them for their service and told them I would relist the book after it expires. I agree with you on using military service as a way to get a better deal. It shouldn't factor into the deal at all.

#9554760 - 09/11/16 08:29 PM Re: The ebay advice thread [Re: Catwomancomics]
Doohickamabob Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Thank you for the reply.

After my post here, I did thank them for their service and told them I would relist the book after it expires. I agree with you on using military service as a way to get a better deal. It shouldn't factor into the deal at all.

\(thumbs u

Out of curiosity, I did a Google search for organizations that help send care packages to troops overseas. There are a heck of a lot of them. Maybe there is one in your region that would be the best fit for you. It's a lot of fun to put together a care package for a soldier (or soldiers) stationed overseas, and it isn't that expensive. I've done it a couple of times, sometimes putting some comic books or magazines in the mix (along with snacks, books, games, and other helpful items).

#9555301 - 09/12/16 07:06 AM Re: The ebay advice thread [Re: Doohickamabob]
Catwomancomics Offline

\(thumbs u

Out of curiosity, I did a Google search for organizations that help send care packages to troops overseas. There are a heck of a lot of them. Maybe there is one in your region that would be the best fit for you. It's a lot of fun to put together a care package for a soldier (or soldiers) stationed overseas, and it isn't that expensive. I've done it a couple of times, sometimes putting some comic books or magazines in the mix (along with snacks, books, games, and other helpful items).

That's a great idea and sounds fun. I will definitely have to do this for someone overseas.

#9561470 - 09/16/16 01:19 AM Re: The ebay advice thread [Re: Gunsmoke]
Kevinrum Offline
Just got here

I just got some damaged returns back from a buyer and when i sent them both to the buyer, i put them together and he said they were damaged. "Ok fine" ill give a refund. when i got them back one was in a different bag and board the damages on each comic didnt match with each other. Anybody have a similar situation? Is there much i can do?
#9561605 - 09/16/16 08:30 AM Re: The ebay advice thread [Re: Kevinrum]
Lucky Baru Offline
FACT if I stop posting, trillions and trillions of transistors would be out of work.

Loc: Laughing at the "Baboon"
You can report him to eBay and Paypal. They will watch his/her account for similar issues and suspend him/her if they see a pattern. That being said you're gonna have to eat the return as a cost of doing business.

Page 29 of 29 « First<2526272829

Moderator:  Gemma, ngcmod, Architecht, cgcmod3, Harshen, cgcmod4, cgcmod5, cgcmod7, cgcmod8, CCGmod0, cgcmod9, cgcmod11, cgcmod12, ccgmod1, PaulS., ccgmod2 
Hop to:
Boards Information
Please read the
TERMS OF USE - BOARD GUIDELINES
for the rules of moderation on the boards.

Use Google to Search the Boards

The Money Marketplace
WTB: 1984 P and D Olympics $10 gold NGC PF 70 commemoratives
by Go Mango
11:02 AM
Did you know people buy/sell coins on Bonanza? I didn't...but I do now!
by stldanceartist
12/03/16 04:23 PM
Wanted Isle of Man 1/2 Sovereigns
by Zebo
12/03/16 12:24 PM
2006-W Gold American Eagle 20th Anniversary set - all NGC MS/PF69
by AlanLastufka
11/30/16 03:20 PM
Comics Marketplace
HIGH GRADE TALES OF SUSPENSE 40,41,42 and 45!
by Brady Smith
02:04 AM
Batman, Star Wars, GI Joe, Art and maybe some more
by Shadow Images
11:46 PM
Just one book!!! 1:25 Harley variant 9.8!
by Gunnz
11:24 PM
New Mutants 98 CGC 9.0 Mark Jeweler Variant in a No Reserve Auction
by silentassassin
10:20 PM
Advertisements

Generated in 0.021 seconds in which 0.009 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.