Page 19 of 19 « First<1516171819
Topic Options
#7319529 - 01/04/14 07:17 PM Re: The ebay advice thread [Re: Architecht]
OldWestGold Offline
Learning the Ropes

eBay is a great place to buy and sell. I have been doing it since they began in 2000. Sure buyer beware but remember to breath. Since I have been selling also since 2000, I periodically run in to the unreasonable bidder or buyer. Most sellers want to make the transaction go well. They don't want fights, trouble, etc. Yet there are some buyers out there that are unreasonable or newbies to eBay or the whole bidder experience. I used to travel to farm auctions with my father decades ago, and I always remeber the auctioneer beginning every auction stating the bidder determines the final vaule of an item. If you get caught up in a back and forth bidding match and end up paying 3 times what an item is worth, don't blame the seller. No one held a gun to your head to go crazy with your bids. Out of over over 10,000 buy and sell transactions I would guess I have had less than 6-8 go sour on me. Have I ever lost money either way? No. One has many resources today to twist the arm of a person giving you trouble with a transaction. Two buyers tried to stiff me, but once local law and Postal Officials sent letters out, these peole wised up real fast. On my buying side, I have had only a couple bad experiences, but again, with the stop gaps eBay has in place today, this is a problem that seldom comes up any further. Never pay cash, never meet some place. Always try to use Paypal and do not do transactions outside of eBay unless you are confident about the other person. And remember the old rule of thumb. If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. eBay has alot of reputable dealers in my opinion. Some more so than at your local coin shows. Have fun. Chris @ oldwestgold
#7343136 - 01/11/14 09:54 PM Re: The ebay advice thread [Re: OldWestGold]
Chip Cataldo Offline
I was posting here when you were in diapers.

Loc: Myrtle Beach, SC
 Originally Posted By: OldWestGold
eBay is a great place to buy and sell. I have been doing it since they began in 2000.

How strange...I've been selling on there since 1997.

Peace,

Chip

#7687388 - 05/13/14 02:32 AM Re: The ebay advice thread [Re: Gunsmoke]
Johnsonmandis Offline
Just got here

Nice Charlie ! Thank you so much for this.

#7747842 - 06/04/14 02:57 PM Re: The ebay advice thread [Re: Johnsonmandis]
Nutmeg Coin Offline
Up 20 words per minute since I signed up

Always be careful when there is a dispute, the customer is usually right or at least that is the way ebay will see it as long as they are paying customers. Be careful how you respond on any issue and picking up the phone and working it through with the ebay pros should resolve the problem.
#7869743 - 07/17/14 05:05 PM Re: The ebay advice thread [Re: monsterbento]
delorean1981 Offline
Collector

Loc: Dallas
 Originally Posted By: monsterbento
4 months ago I sold an item a little over $250, so I shipped it with tracking / signature / insurance. Buyer paid fast, I sent the item out the next morning. It was delivered 2 days after I dropped it off at the post office. Buyer messages me out of the blue this morning telling me he never received it. Really? It's been 4 months.

I'm not sure what to tell the buyer. I have proof from USPS that it was delivered (they even e-mailed me the PDF). The city and zip match on the tracking history. It's signed for. The handwritten address that USPS makes you write out on this little slip matches the PayPal address.

What gives? What should be my response?

I had a similar incident selling my iPhone on another site. It worked at the time of the sell and supposedly worked when it arrived at the buyer's door. But 2 months later she said it suddenly stopped working and requested a refund. I simply wrote back saying I could not prove within that time period she hadn't done anything to break it.

And I recently find out someone had tried to hack into my itunes account using that exact phone, so go figure. Sorry to say it, but the old House addage applies here: Everybody lies.

#7869757 - 07/17/14 05:11 PM Re: The ebay advice thread [Re: monsterbento]
delorean1981 Offline
Collector

Loc: Dallas
 Originally Posted By: monsterbento
4 months ago I sold an item a little over $250, so I shipped it with tracking / signature / insurance. Buyer paid fast, I sent the item out the next morning. It was delivered 2 days after I dropped it off at the post office. Buyer messages me out of the blue this morning telling me he never received it. Really? It's been 4 months.

I'm not sure what to tell the buyer. I have proof from USPS that it was delivered (they even e-mailed me the PDF). The city and zip match on the tracking history. It's signed for. The handwritten address that USPS makes you write out on this little slip matches the PayPal address.

What gives? What should be my response?

I had a similar incident selling my iPhone on another site. It worked at the time of the sell and supposedly worked when it arrived at the buyer's door. But 2 months later she said it suddenly stopped working and requested a refund. I simply wrote back saying I could not prove within that time period she hadn't done anything to break it.

And I recently find out someone had tried to hack into my itunes account using that exact phone, so go figure. Sorry to say it, but the old House addage applies here: Everybody lies.

#7893160 - 07/26/14 04:43 AM Re: The ebay advice thread [Re: Chip Cataldo]
Kevin76 Offline
Pedigreed

Originally Posted By: Chip Cataldo
 Originally Posted By: OldWestGold
eBay is a great place to buy and sell. I have been doing it since they began in 2000.

How strange...I've been selling on there since 1997.

Peace,

Chip

And you're still terrible at it

#7897761 - 07/27/14 09:58 PM Re: The ebay advice thread [Re: Kevin76]
Toz Offline
Collectosaurus Rex

Screwy Paypal incident:

I printed a label out this evening and noticed the address below as the "Ship From" address.Google search turns up zilch and I am wondering where this came from.I changed it to my correct address but I'm maybe a little worried,not that there is that much in it and it's not tied into my main bank account.

kiqld q vfdyqml
327 ystsxfsxpc Avenue
Apt. #94
qddemvuubp, CA 08316
United States

Also had this phone # (746-345-9432)which also seems totally made up.Hacked or is this just something PP throws in there until I correct it.First time I've noticed it in 10 years.

#7902809 - 07/29/14 11:25 AM Re: The ebay advice thread [Re: Gunsmoke]
JollyComics Offline
Up 20 words per minute since I signed up

Loc: Chicagoland, IL
 Originally Posted By: Gunsmoke

It is kindly of lost.

Page 19 of 19 « First<1516171819

Moderator:  Gemma, ngcmod, Architecht, cgcmod3, cgcmod, cgcmod2, Harshen, cgcmod4, cgcmod6, cgcmod5, cgcmod7, cgcmod8, CCGmod0, Barbara T, cgcmod9, cgcmod10, cgcmod11, cgcmod12, ccgmod1 
Hop to:
Boards Information
Please read the
TERMS OF USE - BOARD GUIDELINES
for the rules of moderation on the boards.

Search
The Money Marketplace
1964 Kennedy proofs, wholesale lots. 67's-69's, Stars, Cams, UC's, AH's, etc...
by AHFreak
12:21 PM
WTB: OGP (no coin) 2008-W 1/4oz mint state Buffalo
by agentjim007
10:52 AM
Wanted
by darryl f jones
09:08 AM
FS or Trade: 1921-S Walker, PCGS vf35 CAC $2675
by BAJJERFAN
08:26 AM
Comics Marketplace
Mylites2 Fullbacks Halfbacks
by youmechooz
New Mutants #98, Alias #1, ASM #700, Revival #1 and a few more...
by RCheli
FMaz's Summer Sale-A-Thon (Silver & Bronze Edition)
by fmaz
FMaz's Summer Sale-A-Thon (Copper & Modern Edition)
by fmaz
Advertisements

Generated in 0.017 seconds in which 0.006 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.