Page 20 of 20 « First<1617181920
Topic Options
#7923398 - 08/05/14 12:02 PM Re: The ebay advice thread [Re: tennbjj]
Kevin76 Offline
Pedigreed

Originally Posted By: tennbjj
I had a strange situation happen a couple of months back, and by strange I mean I got screwed.

Sold a small lot of Seated Dimes, simple G-VG coins in consecutive dates that were basically just filler coins for someone building a set.

Long story short, I used the Ebay postage printer (which I love, usually) printed out my label, slapped it on a padded mailer and sent the little ones to their new home.

A week later, buyer contacted me saying they never got the coins. I checked my account center, and sure enough it shows they were delivered 3 days after shipping them out. They opened a dispute with Ebay, and I provided as much info as I could. When I told both the buyer and Ebay the address they were shipped to, buyer claimed the address was wrong. Ebay confirmed that his address on file was not the one that was printed from the EBAY POSTAGE CENTER. Coins got lost in a black hole (yeah right), Ebay sided with buyer, and I lost the coins, final value fee and shipping, about $200 total.

Did the buyer somehow change his address after I printed label and Ebay doesnt track this?

The buyer is supposed to keep his confirmed address up to date, looks like the buyer has found a loop hole. Should look into getting collectible insurance, USPS insurance is a joke.

#7925834 - 08/06/14 07:12 AM Re: The ebay advice thread [Re: Gunsmoke]
Sibithely Offline
Just got here

The one thing I am going to say is that as a seller, be careful. I have had buyers take advantage of me and claim that the camera I sent never arrived. I have CLEAR proof that it did, but they suggest that the camera was not in the box that arrived. Without really listening to me, eBay gave the guy a complete refund meaning I lost my money and my camera. Sometimes the buyer protection on eBay goes a little far.

#7930025 - 08/07/14 04:05 PM Re: The ebay advice thread [Re: Toz]
Kaptain Kollektor Offline
Up 20 words per minute since I signed up

Loc: CT, USA
 Originally Posted By: Toz
Screwy Paypal incident:

I printed a label out this evening and noticed the address below as the "Ship From" address.Google search turns up zilch and I am wondering where this came from.I changed it to my correct address but I'm maybe a little worried,not that there is that much in it and it's not tied into my main bank account.

kiqld q vfdyqml
327 ystsxfsxpc Avenue
Apt. #94
qddemvuubp, CA 08316
United States

Also had this phone # (746-345-9432)which also seems totally made up.Hacked or is this just something PP throws in there until I correct it.First time I've noticed it in 10 years.

You've been hacked. Seriously.

Change your eBay, PayPal and ISP/E-mail passwords now! Also, check your bank and credit card statements to see if anything strange shows up.

This happened to me recently, but it had a legit address. Someone was also filling up my eBay shopping cart with thousands of dollars of computer hardware! Luckily , they only hacked my eBay password, and not my PayPal password, so they were not able to buy anything.

Edited by Kaptain Kollektor (08/07/14 04:06 PM)

#7945478 - 08/12/14 07:21 AM Re: The ebay advice thread [Re: Kaptain Kollektor]
wombat Online   content
Bid more or post more... tough one...

Loc: New Jersey
General question. Why do some seller's use a reserve in auctions? Why not just make that the minimum bid? Just seems like sellers are playing games and certainly makes me much less inclined to bid in that auction.

#7945796 - 08/12/14 09:35 AM Re: The ebay advice thread [Re: wombat]
The Black Hand Offline

The Common Man
meets
Regular People

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Here Now
When you think about it, auctions themselves are sort of a game, with an opportunity to get an item cheap or end up really overpaying for an item because of the whole competition angle.
RIP Rick, my best buddy.9/8/37-8/28/14

#7947144 - 08/12/14 05:42 PM Re: The ebay advice thread [Re: The Black Hand]
wombat Online   content

Originally Posted By: The_Black_Hand
When you think about it, auctions themselves are sort of a game, with an opportunity to get an item cheap or end up really overpaying for an item because of the whole competition angle.

It just turns me off from bidding on those auctions. I think the worst message I can get on ebay is you are the high bidder, but the reserve has not been met. I usually just stop right there.

#7947198 - 08/12/14 05:55 PM Re: The ebay advice thread [Re: Kaptain Kollektor]
Toz Offline
Collectosaurus Rex

Originally Posted By: Kaptain Kollektor
 Originally Posted By: Toz
Screwy Paypal incident:

I printed a label out this evening and noticed the address below as the "Ship From" address.Google search turns up zilch and I am wondering where this came from.I changed it to my correct address but I'm maybe a little worried,not that there is that much in it and it's not tied into my main bank account.

kiqld q vfdyqml
327 ystsxfsxpc Avenue
Apt. #94
qddemvuubp, CA 08316
United States

Also had this phone # (746-345-9432)which also seems totally made up.Hacked or is this just something PP throws in there until I correct it.First time I've noticed it in 10 years.

You've been hacked. Seriously.

Change your eBay, PayPal and ISP/E-mail passwords now! Also, check your bank and credit card statements to see if anything strange shows up.

This happened to me recently, but it had a legit address. Someone was also filling up my eBay shopping cart with thousands of dollars of computer hardware! Luckily , they only hacked my eBay password, and not my PayPal password, so they were not able to buy anything.

What I thought.Passwords changed but nothing is amiss.Thanks!

#7971536 - 08/20/14 08:39 PM Re: The ebay advice thread [Re: Toz]
Toz Offline
Collectosaurus Rex

When to cancel a bid & block the buyer.Just wondering because I have a buyer with the high bid that has left 7 neutral/negs out of 141 total fb left.Plus a lot of positives with stuff like "Had dings but I'll let it slide."

Also most of the replies said he failed to contact them before leaving fb.

#8005785 - 09/03/14 12:21 AM Re: The ebay advice thread [Re: Toz]
wombat Online   content

Getting tired of losing auctions to what is most likely people using sniping software. I figured if I can't beat them I might as well join them. Any recommendations as to what are some of the better sniping tools?

Page 20 of 20 « First<1617181920

Moderator:  Gemma, ngcmod, Architecht, cgcmod3, cgcmod, cgcmod2, Harshen, cgcmod4, cgcmod6, cgcmod5, cgcmod7, cgcmod8, CCGmod0, Barbara T, cgcmod9, cgcmod10, cgcmod11, cgcmod12, ccgmod1, PaulS. 
Hop to:
Boards Information
Please read the
TERMS OF USE - BOARD GUIDELINES
for the rules of moderation on the boards.

Search
The Money Marketplace
Choice Uncirculated 1917 & 1915 Italian Liras
by fred13
08:51 PM
FSH- 1950-D Jefferson Nickel NGC MS66 5FS, 1950-D Roosevelt MS67FT- Plus More!!
by Deerefan8420
07:40 PM
GreatCollections - CAC Highlights - Specialized Nickel Collection and More
by ianrussell
04:36 PM
ON HOLD- Nice scarce denarius of the Roman emperor Otho, 69 AD, NGC Fine
by lordmarcovan
06:03 AM
Comics Marketplace
LEGO DC Comics Batman Classic TV Series Batmobile SDCC 14 New Sealed $225 OBO
by kuphd06
High grade silver, raw ASM and slabbed X-Men
by asteroid-comix
08:28 AM
Weekend Bonanza!!!
by Gunnz
07:50 AM
XFactor 6 24 New Mutants 100 more
by ft88
07:37 AM
Advertisements

Generated in 0.016 seconds in which 0.006 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.