Page 433 of 433 « First<429430431432433
Topic Options
#9498695 - 08/07/16 11:49 PM Re: I Miss Dave (Stevens, that is) [Re: Saint Doyle]
Shark Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Oklahoma City, OK
I was a dealer at a small comicon in Tulsa yesterday and towards the end of the day a gentleman started talking to the dealer next to me. Apparently, the dealer had been trying to contact this guy for some time to buy a poster from him. As they talked my interest peaked.

This guy used to be a radio announcer back in the early 1990s and he told us a short story about how he came about having these posters. I asked if he had an extra one with him and he said yes. So both the other dealer and I were able to obtain 1 copy of this poster. I'll let the pictures speak for themselves. \:\)

"Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy. the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period."

Shark's Feedback Thread:
http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=4294915

#9498829 - 08/08/16 03:39 AM Re: I Miss Dave (Stevens, that is) [Re: Saint Doyle]
Xaltotun Offline
If I just sell the car, I can up my bid...

Originally Posted By: Saint Doyle
Anyone want to weigh in on the validity of this eBay auction of supposedly original Dave Stevens art?

Several pages of the third issue of Rocketeer Adventure Magazine found their way into the market, probably sold by the various people who had helped Dave meet the deadline on that issue (Art Adams, Sandy Plunkett and others).
Not saying the auction is legit, or not, but yes, there are pages out there.
Dave had also sold a few pages of art over the years when he was in need of money. He told me he had sold the original cover to Comico Chistmast Special because he needed cash to pay his income tax. \:\)

#9499421 - 08/08/16 02:58 PM Re: I Miss Dave (Stevens, that is) [Re: Xaltotun]
comiconxion Offline
Talkative?

Originally Posted By: Xaltotun
 Originally Posted By: Saint Doyle
Anyone want to weigh in on the validity of this eBay auction of supposedly original Dave Stevens art?

Several pages of the third issue of Rocketeer Adventure Magazine found their way into the market, probably sold by the various people who had helped Dave meet the deadline on that issue (Art Adams, Sandy Plunkett and others).
Not saying the auction is legit, or not, but yes, there are pages out there.
Dave had also sold a few pages of art over the years when he was in need of money. He told me he had sold the original cover to Comico Chistmast Special because he needed cash to pay his income tax. \:\)

Many pages were recently sold from this story by the Estate - first in France and then through Albert Moy's website. The page was part of the recent sales. Albert still has a few if people are interested.

This story had assists from artists like Kaluta and Arthur Adams. The pages that haven't hit the market are from the first Rocketeer story although there are a couple pages that were given away that may be out there.
- Early G.I. Joe & Transformers Art
- Joe Jusko Marvel Masterpieces I Paintings
- Patrick Nagel Original Paintings
- Golden Age Timely/Atlas & DC Superhero Art
- Early Eastman & Laird TMNT Art

#9499424 - 08/08/16 02:59 PM Re: I Miss Dave (Stevens, that is) [Re: Shark]
comiconxion Offline
Talkative?

Originally Posted By: Shark
I was a dealer at a small comicon in Tulsa yesterday and towards the end of the day a gentleman started talking to the dealer next to me. Apparently, the dealer had been trying to contact this guy for some time to buy a poster from him. As they talked my interest peaked.

This guy used to be a radio announcer back in the early 1990s and he told us a short story about how he came about having these posters. I asked if he had an extra one with him and he said yes. So both the other dealer and I were able to obtain 1 copy of this poster. I'll let the pictures speak for themselves. \:\)

From the description, it sounds like you're referring to Jeff Gelb. Jeff was a long time friend of Dave's. So, if he was selling something, I'd tend to believe it was legit.
- Early G.I. Joe & Transformers Art
- Joe Jusko Marvel Masterpieces I Paintings
- Patrick Nagel Original Paintings
- Golden Age Timely/Atlas & DC Superhero Art
- Early Eastman & Laird TMNT Art

#9500568 - 08/09/16 07:57 AM Re: I Miss Dave (Stevens, that is) [Re: Shark]
kdoginohio Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Behind You!

Poster or shower mat?

Laugh all you want at my prepping. Just don't be the first to knock on my door when the SHTF.

The name is Pym, Hank Pym and yes, I created Ultron.

#9501611 - 08/09/16 05:53 PM Re: I Miss Dave (Stevens, that is) [Re: kdoginohio]
Shark Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Oklahoma City, OK
 Originally Posted By: kdoginohio

Poster or shower mat?

Litter box liner.
"Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy. the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period."

Shark's Feedback Thread:
http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=4294915

#9504794 - 08/11/16 06:23 PM Re: I Miss Dave (Stevens, that is) [Re: chevalmeow]
GeneticNinja Offline
Collector

The Mondo poster company has released a few Rocketeer prints in recent times too. They are all the comic Rocketeer with that version of the Rocket Pack. I like the movie version more myself.
#9504964 - 08/11/16 08:33 PM Re: I Miss Dave (Stevens, that is) [Re: GeneticNinja]
kdoginohio Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Behind You!
 Originally Posted By: GeneticNinja
I like the movie version more myself.

Edited by kdoginohio (08/11/16 08:34 PM)

Laugh all you want at my prepping. Just don't be the first to knock on my door when the SHTF.

The name is Pym, Hank Pym and yes, I created Ultron.

#9507240 - 08/13/16 11:02 AM Re: I Miss Dave (Stevens, that is) [Re: kdoginohio]
Bosco685 Offline

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Welcome to the theater
Another early Dave Stevens work comes and goes on Ebay.

Page 433 of 433 « First<429430431432433

Moderator:  Architecht, cgcmod3, dena, cgcmod5, cgcmod4, cgcmod7, cgcmod8, CCGmod0, Matt Nelson, cgcmod9, cgcmod11, cgcmod12, plitch, ccgmod1, PaulS., ccgmod2, Bree 
Hop to:
Boards Information
Please read the
TERMS OF USE - BOARD GUIDELINES
for the rules of moderation on the boards.

Use Google to Search the Boards

The Money Marketplace
Wanted NGC MS67 Roosevelt Toners
by erwindoc
09:03 AM
1951 Franklin Half Dollar~PCGS MS66 PLUS!~Nuclear Rainbow Toning~Trueview~
by Danye West
12:07 AM
FSH: 1852-O gold $1 PCGS xf45 $325
by BAJJERFAN
08/26/16 09:24 AM
eBay: RARE Toho Planning, Inc Japanese Current Coin Album #201 w/80 coins
by stldanceartist
08/25/16 08:25 PM
Comics Marketplace
Harley Quinns Little Black Book #1 + All Star Batman & Robin RRP and more
by Gunnz
03:38 AM
Funko Exclusives! Plus Assorted Oddities (Toys, Signed Books, Giveaways, etc)
by fmaz
02:02 AM
9.8 Movie Books - Justice League Dark (Swamp Thing 50) & Planet Hulk (Hulk 92)
by BarristerBaker
12:50 AM
jbud's 99 cent EBAY BLOW OUT
by jbud73
12:45 AM
Advertisements

Generated in 0.078 seconds in which 0.066 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.

IDW Publishing Aspen Titles